- 4 Potato Medium size
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 2 tsp Chopped Onion
- 1 tsp Green Chilies
- 1 tsp Fresh Mint Chopped
- 2 tsp Coriander Chopped
- 1 tbsp Roasted Gram flour Besan
- Oil for shallow frying
In a pan, add potatoes and boil it until it gets soft.
Peel the skin after boiling.
Properly mash potatoes.
Add salt, red chili powder, chaat masala, chopped onion, green chilies, fresh coriander and freshly chopped mint.
Also add roasted gram flour (besan) and mix properly.
Make patti (tikki).
Shallow fry until get golden brown color from both sides.
- Boil the potatoes till they are ready to mash. Avoid boiling for a long time as it will get mushy and you will not get the perfect flavor of aloo tikki.
- Starchy potatoes work best. If you are in America then take Russet or in the UK then take Yukon. In India, there are a variety of starchy potatoes so take the best.
- Add spices as per your taste.
- You can also add some veggies to make it more nutritious.
- Smoothly mash the tikki. It should not have solid pieces.
- To make the tikki crispy and crunchy add cornflour or gram flour as per your choice.
- If you want to make the Tikki extra crispy then add rice flour along with cornflour.
- Shallow fry the Tikki to make it more crispy in texture.
- Beginners can check, how to deep fry at home to get the best result.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 129kcal