Today sharing the most demanding and trending 'Green Chicken Recipe' in Indian and Pakistani Style that will surely add value to your table. It's an authentic chicken green masala recipe in curry style.
In South Asian cuisine, 'Green Chicken' is more adorable and tempting dish that people love to have on special occasions like wedding and other family events. It's a curry style chicken recipe made with special 'green masala' that add a unique flavor and specific green color to this dish.
People from India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh makes it in different ways matched with their traditional taste. People from Hyderabad has the specialty to make green chicken. In the same way, street style green chicken of Karachi is the most popular which people love to have when visiting Karachi.
I am basically inspired by my mother cooking and love to have food from her hand. Since my childhood, she created diversity in food and made a different style of green chicken in curry or in kabab. Today I am sharing special 'Green Chicken Recipe' that people eat at weddings. In local term, it's called 'shadi wali chicken' or سبز چکن in Urdu, हरा चिकन in Hindi, সবুজ মুরগির in Bangla.
It's a traditional recipe which is simple, easy to cook so even if you are a beginner, you can try this recipe in your kitchen and I believe it will add same taste to your table as I had after making this.
In curry recipes, I found this recipe is the most trending according to people interest. So join me in my kitchen and let's cook it for our family and dear ones.
SEE ALSO: Kali Mirch Chicken Recipe
Green Chicken Recipe Video in Hindi / Urdu
Cooking time: 45 mins
Watch Time: 3:52
Chicken - 600 - 700 gms
Oil - 1 Tbsp
Whole Garam Masala:
Green cardamom (6), cinnamon sticks (3x3), black pepper (10), cloves (6), cumin seeds (1 Tsp)
Onion - 1 (big) Sliced
Ginger / Garlic Paste - 1 Tbsp
Salt - To taste
Yogurt - 1 Cup
Coriander Mint Paste (Hara Masala Paste) - 2 Tbsp
Garam Masala Powder - 1 Tsp
Black Pepper - ½ Tsp
Black salt - 6 Pinches
Butter - 1 Tbsp
Water - As required
Preparation of Green Chicken Masala
- In a pan, add Oil and heat it up.
- Add whole garam masala and when it gets aromatic,
- Quickly, add sliced Onion and cook it for about 3 minutes until it changes the color.
- As the onion becomes pink, add Chicken on high temperature and cook it for 5 minutes until it changes the color to slightly golden.
- Add Ginger Garlic paste and cook it for 2 minutes to vanish the rawness.
- Also, add salt according to taste.
- Cook for 5 minutes on high heat then add yogurt and again stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Cover the pan for 20 minutes on low heat.
How to Make Green Paste for Green Chicken
- In a blender, add fresh green mint (20 leaves), green coriander (½ bunch), green chilies (2) and salt.
- Add 50 gms of water and blend well to make a smooth thick paste.
Add Green Paste in Chicken Curry
- After 20 minutes, uncover the pan and add green paste on high temperature.
- Also add, garam masala powder, black pepper powder and black salt.
- Stir the pan for 5 minutes to cook the raw green masala.
- Cover the pan on low heat for 5 minutes to make the curry aromatic with green flavor.
- After 5 minutes, check the gravy and dish it out to serve.
It's a simple and easy way to prepare 'Green Chicken Recipe' in your kitchen. You can follow the recipe video to quickly follow the steps. Recipe is Hindi / Urdu to easily understand the cooking process.
Thanks for watching in advance! You can share with me if you want to have any specific recipe and how this recipe adds value to you.
SEE ALSO: Shadi wala Chicken Korma Recipe