The best house sauce recipe prepared with minimal ingredients incredibly enhances the flavor of meals. The hint of tanginess, with a creamy and savory taste makes it perfect to serve as a side dip with roasted potatoes, fries, corn, and baked dishes.
When it comes to making an insanely good sauce recipe, house sauce is the winner as it can be used as a multipurpose sauce. Serve it with a dinner appetizer, or teatime snacks, add it to a party menu, or simply use it as a spread in a classical sandwich or burger sauce. It will surely give the best taste ever.
What is House Sauce?
House sauce is also famous as fry sauce, and yum yum sauce. It’s a special recipe of restaurants to prepare this flavorful aioli with the fusion of mayonnaise, ketchup, Worchester, fresh lemon juice, and peppery spices.
Although the recipe is customizable to serve as a side to elevate the taste of main recipes. Mostly used in sandwiches or as a classic burger sauce to lift the flavor. Best to serve as a side dish with baked dishes. I love to use it as a French Fries dipping sauce.
Many restaurants all around the world use this sauce by adding variations in taste making a secret sauce or original sauce with their own version.
The best House Sauce recipe to make at home. Rich, creamy, savory and spicy in taste! perfect side dip with burgers, sandwiches and fries.
Why Do I Love This Recipe?
Believe me, there are so many reasons to like this recipe.
A 5-minute sauce prepared with a combination of different ingredients to get the rich, creamy, sweet, and savory flavor that can easily pair up as a side with snacks and appetizers.
Prepare with pantry staple – No need to rush to the grocery store to find the ingredients as it’s common and easily available in the house pantry.
Global Dipping Sauce: I hardly find one who doesn’t like the rich and creamy taste. It can easily pair up with a variety of recipes. People around the globe love to have it.
Easy to Customizable (DIY): It’s flexible to add variations to the recipe by adding different ingredients.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Mayonnaise: Use the regular version of creamy thick mayonnaise. It can be substituted with vegan mayo Greek yogurt or gluten-free mayonnaise as per the choice.
- Ketchup: It will add a sweet, and tangy taste in sauce. Plain tomato ketchup or with the flavor of garlic and chili makes a perfect taste.
- Hot Sauce: Add it as a condiment to enhance the dipping flavor. This sauce can be substituted with chili garlic tomato ketchup.
- Worchester Sauce: It’s sweet and spicy with a strong umami flavor. Easily substitute with soya sauce.
- Fresh Lemon: A squeeze of fresh lemon will add a citric flavor to the sauce. This is quite optional as per the taste.
- Smoked Paprika:
How To Make House Sauce
It's easy to make this sauce within 2 minutes. Gather all the ingredients in a deep bowl and whisk it well until it forms a one tone homogenous texture. That's it! The rich and creamy sauce is ready to serve. Make it before time and store it in cool place.
Tips and Variations
- It's easy to manage the spice level in this sauce. If you like to increase the heat then increase the quantity of hot sauce and add a pinch of cayenne. I have tried the version with Cajun and Chipotle seasoning. To make it kids friendly, keep the spice level at low side.
- To make the perfect combination take the double quantity of mayo than ketchup.
- If you like to add a strong citrus flavor then substitute the fresh lemon with pickle brine or relish.
- To add a pinching smoky flavor use BBQ sauce along with smoked paprika.
- To make it vegan and gluten free, use the vegan and gluten free mayo and ketchup and sauces.
- Healthy version is always accepted by masses. I love to make it with Greek yogurt and my whole family love this idea to avoid mayo.
- If you are planning a party, make it ahead of time to save time in kitchen.
Store The Sauce
As it's a homemade combination of different sauces and spices so it need to be stored in the refrigerator (40°F (7°C)) in an airtight container. It will last for 3 to 4 days. Avoid to use dry spoon to take out.
[Note]: Freezing the sauce is not recommended.
What to Serve With House Sauce?
It's a great sauce to serve with variety of recipes. Here are few ideas:
Best to pair up with snack and appetizers.
Use as spread with sandwich and burger.
Q & A
There is no special ingredient comes in secret category. It's a diversified form of sauce that every cafe and restaurant make in their own way. If you like the heated version try it with Cajun or creole seasoning, or simple increase the quantity of cayenne pepper. It will make the best serving with seafood. In the same way, adding bbq sauce will make more friendly with bbq recipes.
Yes, by default it's spicy but the spice level is easily manageable limiting the quantity of hot sauce and peppers.
More Sauce Recipes
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon Ketchup Regular
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoon Hot Sauce
- ⅓ teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- Gather all the ingredients in a deep bowl and whisk it well until it forms a one tone homogenous texture. That's it!
- The rich and creamy sauce is ready to serve.
- Make it before time and store it in cool place.
- Make it before time and store it in cool place.