Simple Honey garlic butter chicken recipe prepared with chicken breast is the quickest dinner idea for families. Tender and juicy chicken with sweet and sour flavor cooked within half an hour using 6 ingredients from the pantry.
I am always ready to make it. You know, why? because the sweet and garlicky flavor sticky honey sauce makes a perfect taste with chicken. Honestly, It's a family-friendly recipe pair up well with dinner roll and fried rice. Yum! I love my dinner tray...
Honey Butter Garlic Chicken
This honey butter garlic chicken recipe will surely give you the best result if you make it with chicken breast or thighs. I am a fan of chicken breast as it is so lean and quickly prepare with a juicy and tender texture in a few minutes. It has a sweet and sour taste that goes perfectly with rice, pasta, and tortillas. My last recipe of creamy garlic chicken breast was perfect for lunch and many people on Facebook loved it. After that, I tried this recipe and now it's in my weekly dinner menu.
Today making the classical version of garlic chicken with honey and believe me it's the most popular recipe of famous restaurants in the United States. Why is it so popular? because people love to have honey garlic sauce and this recipe is prepared by adding this sauce that makes the chicken more delicious. Fried and tender, juicy chicken bite with honey garlic sauces absolutely give a yum vibes!
I personally make it for dinner and also keep it on a holiday party menu as it's super quick and easy. It adds value to my dinner table and finishes in no time.
Why You Will Love This Recipe?
I would love to call it a simple and easy dinner recipe! My mother used to make it with chicken thighs that we all love it. I have tried myself with both thighs and breasts and you know the breast version is incredibly soft, juicy, and full of flavor with butter, garlic, sweet and sour taste.
It's a simple one-pan chicken recipe. You just need breast, salt, peppers, and garlic powder for seasoning and grated garlic, vinegar, soya sauce, and honey for making the sauce. Making is so easy and simple! Even a beginner can make.
Most recommended for bachelors to give it a try! In my chicken breast recipes, this one is the favorite!
Doesn't take much time cooked within 30 minutes just by using 6 ingredients.
Sweet and Sour Honey Garlic Chicken Breast could be a perfect dinner idea for families. Quick and easy recipe prepared within 25 minutes using 6 ingredients.
Chicken Breast: Took without skin
Salt + Black Pepper + Garlic Powder: Fresh garlic can be used but here I prepare with garlic powder which has a strong garlicky taste and flavor.
Soya Sauce: Used dark soya sauce
Vinegar: used synthetic white vinegar that will add a sour taste with pungent aroma
Honey: will add light and sweet flavor with a flowery fruity accent.
Parsley/Cilantro: used for garnish
How to Make Honey Butter Garlic Chicken
Cut the chicken breast into slices and season with salt, peppers, and garlic powder. Rub the spices on chicken so the taste can penetrate into chicken. Now in a pan, add oil and butter and let it heat for a few seconds as it becomes bubbly then place chicken breast and fry from both sides until it turned to golden brown color. Take out chicken breast and in the same pan, add grated garlic and saute for a few minutes until it gets aromatic. Add vinegar and soya sauce and give it a good mix. Now time to add honey to sauce and give it a good mix. Place the fried and sauteed chicken pieces in the sauce and give it a good mix on low/medium heat. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes on low heat.
Tasty and delicious "honey garlic chicken" is ready to serve.
You can try the same recipe with salmon or carrots and I am sure you will love the taste! My son loves this honey chicken so I guess all the other kids will also like this recipe! Mom's may give it a try!!
It's a delicious, easy and quick comfort dinner idea for foodies to try at home kitchen. Here is a step-by-step video recipe that you can easily cook at home kitchen. So if you are a beginner and looking for how to make this quick one pan chicken breast then watch this quick tutorial. You can find the recipe card down below this post.
Easy Tips & Variations
Here are quick and easy tips to thicken honey garlic sauce.
- Use cornflour/cornstarch to thicken the sauce. In the Chinese style, this method is recommended. To thick with cornflour, take 2 teaspoon of flour and mix with 1 Cup of water. Add in sauce and quickly stir to make a smooth and thick sauce.
- You can also thicken honey garlic sauce without cornstarch or cornflour. In my recipe, I didn't use it. I tried to make a thick sauce chicken just by combining vinegar, soya sauce, and honey. Simmer on low heat was the main technique that thickens the sauce.
If you want to make variations then make the same with recipe with baked chicken breast using honey garlic sauce.
Store & Reheat
To store the leftover, cool it down at room temperature and pack in air tight glass container. Store for 3 to 4 days in refrigerator.
You can also freeze to store longer. Pack the chicken in freezer friendly bag and store for a month. Don't store long as it doesn't carry food preservatives.
Use microwave to reheat the chicken or simple take it out and bring down to room temperature and reheat in skillet at stovetop. If it's getting thick then give it a splash of chicken stock.
Q & A
If you want to make it more saucy with thick consistency then double the quantity of sauce ingredients and cook on slow heat to get it thick.
You can try the same recipe with chicken thighs, wings, and drumsticks. Alternatively, try with salmon.
Yes, you can! After seasoning, place the chicken in baking tray and generously drizzle with butter. Bake for 15 minutes from both sides in a preheated oven at 220C. Drizzle honey garlic sauce over the chicken and bake again for 15 minutes.
Because the butter alone can give the burnt taste. To cook the butter with oil will dilute the flavor and improve the taste of pan fried chicken.
You Might Like This
Honey Garlic Butter Chicken Recipe
- 250 g Chicken Breast
- ⅓ teaspoon Salt
- ⅓ teaspoon Black Peppers
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoon Soya Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Grated Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- Parsley/Cilantro for Garnish
- Cut the chicken breast into slices.
- Season with salt, peppers, and garlic powder.
- Mix well.
- Now in a pan, add oil and butter and let it heat for few seconds as it becomes bubbly then,
- place chicken breast and fry from both sides until it turned to golden brown color.
- Now in the same pan, add grated garlic and saute for few minutes until it gets aromatic.
- Now add vinegar and soya sauce.
- Mix well.
- Now add honey and quickly stir to prepare a thick sauce.
- Mix the chicken pieces with sauce.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.
- After 10 minutes, sprinkle parsley!
- Honey Garlic Chicken is ready to serve.
- Cook the chicken breast on high flame so it gets a nice mark with a signature golden brown color.
- Carefully add salt, as the soya sauce itself has a salty flavor.
- If you are using a light version of soya sauce then add 2 teaspoon otherwise 1 or ½ teaspoon will be enough for dark soya sauce.
- The addition of white pepper will make it tastier but this is optional.
- You can also use cornflour if the sauce is not thick.