Honey garlic chicken breast is the simplest chicken recipe that I am always ready to make. You know, why? the sweet and garlicky flavor sticky sauce with chicken makes a perfect taste for dinner. It's a family-friendly recipe, prepare within half an hour with 6 ingredients, and goes well with butter rice. Yum! I love my dinner tray...
Sweet and Sour Honey Garlic Chicken Breast could be a perfect dinner idea for families. Quick and easy recipe prepared within 25 minutes using 6 ingredients.
About This Recipe
This recipe can give you the best result if you make it with chicken breast or thighs. I am a fan of chicken breast as it is so lean and quickly prepare with a juicy and tender flavor in a few minutes. It has a sweet and sour taste that goes perfectly with rice, pasta, and tortillas. My last recipe of creamy garlic chicken breast was perfect for lunch and many people on Facebook loved it.
Today making the classical version of garlic chicken with honey and believe me it's the most popular recipe of famous restaurants in the United States. Why is it so popular? because people love to have honey garlic sauce and this recipe is prepared by adding this sauce that makes the chicken more delicious. Fried and tender, juicy chicken bite with honey garlic sauces absolutely give a yum vibes!
I personally make it for dinner and also keep it on a holiday party menu as it's super quick and easy. It adds value to my dinner table and finishes in no time.
Yes, I call it a simple and easy dinner recipe! My mother used to make it with chicken thighs that we all love it. I make it with both thighs and breasts. Sometimes, I use baked chicken breast and cook with honey garlic sauce that also brings the best taste.
It's a simple one-pan chicken recipe. You just need breast, salt, peppers, and garlic powder for seasoning and grated garlic, vinegar, soya sauce, and honey for making the sauce. Making is so easy and simple! Even a beginner can make. Most recommended for bachelors to give it a try! In my chicken breast recipes, this one is the favorite!
It's a delicious, easy and quick comfort dinner idea for foodies to try at home kitchen. Here is a step-by-step video recipe that you can easily cook at home kitchen. So if you are a beginner and looking for how to make this quick one pan chicken breast then watch this quick tutorial. You can find the recipe card down below this post.
Chicken Breast: Took without skin
Salt + Black Pepper + Garlic Powder: Fresh garlic can be used but here I prepare with garlic powder which has a strong garlicky taste and flavor.
Soya Sauce: Used dark soya sauce
Vinegar: used synthetic white vinegar that will add a sour taste with pungent aroma
Honey: will add light and sweet flavor with a flowery fruity accent.
Parsley/Cilantro: used for garnish
How to Make
Cut the chicken breast into slices and season with salt, peppers, and garlic powder. Rub the spices on chicken so the taste can penetrate into chicken. Now in a pan, add oil and butter and let it heat for a few seconds as it becomes bubbly then place chicken breast and fry from both sides until it turned to golden brown color. Take out chicken breast and in the same pan, add grated garlic and saute for a few minutes until it gets aromatic. Add vinegar and soya sauce and give it a good mix. Now time to add honey to sauce and give it a good mix. Place the fried and sauteed chicken pieces in the sauce and give it a good mix on low/medium heat. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes on low heat.
Tasty and delicious "honey garlic chicken" is ready to serve.
I personally love to serve Semolina pudding as a dessert that makes a perfect combo.
You can try the same recipe with salmon or carrots and I am sure you will love the taste! My son loves this honey chicken so I guess all the other kids will also like this recipe! Mom's may give it a try!!
Share this recipe with your family and friends. It would be great if you leave your feedback in the comment box. If you make this recipe at home then share a picture with the hashtag #hinzcooking
Try it!! And Join Us
It’s a quick, easy and simple honey garlic chicken breast recipe that you can easily make at home for lunch and dinner and serve to your family and friends. You can join our Facebook group of foodies to interact with other foodies!! At Hinz cooking, you can find more recipes related to breakfast, lunch, dinner, and teatime. Explore recipe collection to get your desired recipes.
Here are quick and easy tips to thicken honey garlic sauce.
- Use cornflour/cornstarch to thicken the sauce. In the Chinese style, this method is recommended. To thick with cornflour, take 2 tsp of flour and mix with 1 Cup of water. Add in sauce and quickly stir to make a smooth and thick sauce.
- You can also thicken honey garlic sauce without cornstarch or cornflour. In my recipe, I didn't use it. I tried to make a thick sauce chicken just by combining vinegar, soya sauce, and honey. Simmer on low heat was the main technique that thickens the sauce..
You Might Like This
Simple Honey Garlic Chicken Breast
- 250 g Chicken Breast
- ⅓ tsp Salt
- ⅓ tsp Black Peppers
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Grated Garlic
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Parsley/Cilantro for Garnish
- Cut the chicken breast into slices.
- Season with salt, peppers, and garlic powder.
- Mix well.
- Now in a pan, add oil and butter and let it heat for few seconds as it becomes bubbly then,
- place chicken breast and fry from both sides until it turned to golden brown color.
- Now in the same pan, add grated garlic and saute for few minutes until it gets aromatic.
- Now add vinegar and soya sauce.
- Mix well.
- Now add honey and quickly stir to prepare a thick sauce.
- Mix the chicken pieces with sauce.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.
- After 10 minutes, sprinkle parsley!
- Honey Garlic Chicken is ready to serve.
- Cook the chicken breast on high flame so it gets a nice mark with a signature golden brown color.
- Carefully add salt, as the soya sauce itself has a salty flavor.
- If you are using a light version of soya sauce then add 2 Tsp otherwise 1 or ½ tsp will be enough for dark soya sauce.
- The addition of white pepper will make it tastier but this is optional.
- You can also use cornflour if the sauce is not thick.