Perfectly glazed oven roasted hot honey carrots with garlic and butter flavor is perfect to pair up as side dish. Little spicy, sweet, savory and loaded with garlicky flavor. My family favorite dinner recipe that I always make with baked chicken, salmon or turkey.
Amazingly delicious, extremely tender, and beautifully glazed oven roasted hot honey carrots cooked with strong garlicky taste will add a value to your dinner table as everyone loves to have it. My kid literally lick the hot honey sauce as it's extremely good in taste (adjust the spice level as per your taste).
One of the easy dinner idea for family that I love to share. All fried and baked recipes can easily pair up with these roasted carrots. I love to pair up with Baked Chicken Breast, Tandoori Chicken, Honey Butter Chicken, Chargha and Honey Garlic Lemon Pepper Chicken. Don't forget to add naan bread or 5 minutes garlic butter fried rice.
Hot Honey Carrots Recipe
Roasted carrots can be prepared in a variety of ways and people make them with a different combination of herbs and spices. Here in this recipe, you will get tender, hot and spicy honey roasted carrots with garlic and butter. It will take 20 minutes to roast the carrots.
If you are planning for a family get-together, party or special dinner at home then must try this recipe as a side dish. It will go perfectly with fried dishes, grilled chicken, fried chicken, fried fish, and simply with yellow rice.
The sweet and sour flavor of honey garlic with roasted carrots makes a mouthwatering taste.
Don't forget to try the 5 Minutes Honey Garlic Sauce recipe. It's the best recipe for foodies to try food with sweet and sour flavors.
It's been a great idea to make hot honey roasted carrots with garlic and butter flavor and fully coat with honey garlic sauce. I personally love it and always make it whenever make grilled chicken. Every bite of oven roasted carrots with honey garlic sauce gives you a tender, buttery and garlicky taste that will make a perfect taste with chicken. The lustrous look is also self inviting.
How to Roast Hot Honey Carrots
Roasting carrots is an easy process. As you only need to put flavor by adding desired seasoning and herbs.
I want to peel carrots first. Not removing the skin just rubbing with the knife (SEE in Video: 0:15 - 0.22) then diagonally slice and wash properly.
Peeled carrots bring a perfect texture after roasting.
Then I prepared hot sauce and coat the carrots with spicy honey garlic sauce.
Now placed in a baking dish to roast in the oven. Voila!
How Long to Roast Carrots?
Roast for about 20 minutes on 200 degrees / 400 F or Gas Mark 6. You can increase the time as per your oven requirements and also how much roasting effect that you want.
Don't forget to sprinkle honey garlic sauce (I took out about 2 teaspoon from the pan before putting it to roasting). Also, sprinkle salt and peppers to add more taste! Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley.
Sides Dishes To Make With Dinner
- Potato Gratins
- Oven Baked French Fries
- Chickpea Salad
- Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- Sauteed Mushrooms with Garlic
It's been a wonderful experience to make glazed garlic butter roasted carrots recipe. Here is a step-by-step video recipe that you can easily roast at home kitchen. So if you are a beginner and looking for how to make this quick side dish then watch this quick tutorial. You can find the recipe card down below this post.
- Carrots - Peel and cut the carrots diagnol.
- Oil + Butter - Used for saute and will add lubrication and help to roast the carrots.
- Garlic - Freshly grated garlic cloves.
- Honey - Main flavor of roasted carrots to create sticky sweet and garlicky sauce.
- Ketchup - Use chili ketchup or any regular ketchup that you like.
- Soya Sauce - Light and dark both can be used.
- Salt and black pepper for seasoning
- Chili Flakes (optional): if you want to make the sauce more spicy then add chili flakes.
- Cilantro for garnish
How to Make Hot Honey Carrots
Cut the carrots from the sides and peeled well. Diagonal cuts are perfect! Wash and cut into longer pieces. In a pan, melt oil and butter and let it cook for few seconds until it gets bubbly. Add grated garlic in a pan and saute until it turned to a slightly brown color. Now add honey and mix well. Add ketchup and soya sauce to add more flavor. Combine all the ingredients to make a blended sauce. Now add carrots and mix well. Preheat the oven at 200C/400F or Gas mark 6. Set the carrots in a baking tray with some distance. Roast the carrots in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until the carrots show the roasted texture. Remove from oven and season with salt and peppers. Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley.
How to Store Roasted Carrots?
Cool it down completely and pack it in an airtight container and place it in the refrigerator for 3 days. When you need it then take it out and place in the microwave and serve.
I personally don't recommend refrigerating for more than 3 days as it's homemade and not containing any preservatives.
Q & A
I always peel carrots before making as it gives the best texture after cooking. Peeled carrots look so clean and smooth. It also helps to remove dirt.
You can cut carrots as per your requirements as you like them. If you want small pieces then make them small. Normally people cut it in crosswise pieces. Longer pieces look good after roasting. If you have thick carrots as I had then cut them into sections. If you have thin carrots then simply cut it diagonal shape.
Carrots are naturally sweet, bitter and earthy in taste. You can use honey, jaggery, brown sugar to enhance the natural sweetness of carrots. In the same way, garlic, ginger, and onions make a perfect flavor with butter to cook/bake carrots. To make it hot and spicy, add black pepper or chili flakes.
You can add celery, broccoli, red potatoes, brussel sprouts and radish. Roasted potatoes, carrots and parsnip make the best taste in oven.
Yes, you can! Heat up the pan with butter and saute freshly chopped garlic. As the garlic changes the color, add honey and ketchup. Season with salt and pepper. Give it a good mix. Now add baby carrots and cook on slow heat. If the sauce is thick then give a splash of water. Cover and cook on extremely slow heat for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve as a side with your main course.
Yes, you can replace ketchup with tomato paste.
Hot Honey Carrots
- Baking tray
- Frying Pan
- 2 cups Carrots Cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoon Oil
- 2 teaspoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Grated
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 teaspoon Ketchup Chili flavor
- 1 teaspoon Soya Sauce
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- Chili Flakes optional
- Cilantro for garnish
- Cut the carrots from sides and peeled well.
- Wash and cut into longer pieces.
- In a pan, melt oil and butter and let it cook for few seconds until it gets bubbly.
- Add grated garlic in a pan and saute until it turned to slight brown color.
- Now add honey and mix well.
- Add chili ketchup and soya sauce to add more flavor.
- Season with salt, black pepper, and chili flakes.
- Combine all the ingredients to make a blended sauce.
- Now add carrots and mix well.
- Preheat the oven at 200C/400F or Gasmark 6.
- Set the carrots in a baking tray with some distance.
- Roast the carrots in oven for 20 to 25 minutes until the carrots shows the roasted texture.
- Remove from oven and season with salt and peppers.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley.
- Use peeled carrots to get the fine roasted texture.
- After washing, make sure the carrots are dried.
- Don't use salt if you are using soya sauce in a sauce.
- You can directly add honey garlic sauce to carrots and directly place it in preheated oven to roast carrots.
- To add more flavor you can also add shredded parmesan right after roasting.
- Adjust the spice level as per your taste using black pepper, chili flakes and chili ketchup.