Homemade Coleslaw Recipe with special Mayo Salad Dressing is the best idea to serve with fried food!
Making tasty and delicious coleslaw with creamy dressing to serve with fried food on dinner. It's a simple, quick, and easy recipe that anybody can try. If you are inspired and crave KFC style coleslaw then watch the recipe video and you will have a similar taste.
You know, why am I telling you to have similar taste? because;
I personally love it and tried coleslaw at home with different styles and this recipe is super perfect and given the nearest taste.
If you are a beginner and looking at how to make coleslaw at home then watch the recipe video to follow step by step quick directions.
The taste of cabbage with mayo dressing makes a perfect combination that tempts to eat. Whenever I make fried food at my house, I always prepare coleslaw as it makes the best combo.
What is Coleslaw?
It's a side dish that comes in the salad category. Shredded or sliced cabbage used to prepare this salad with creamy mayo dressing. You can add more vegetables as per your taste but this is optional. Coleslaw is also famous for slaw. It's commonly made by fast-food restaurants to serve with fried chicken.
How to Make Good Coleslaw at Home
It's simple and easy to prepare coleslaw at home using minimal ingredients. Cabbage is essential to prepare this recipe. Rest you can play with seasoning, dressing, and other veggies to add to this recipe. Must try with fried food, burger, sandwich, and fried snacks.
SEE ALSO: Easy Chicken Recipes
New in Coleslaw Dressing
Normally a good coleslaw dressing texture is creamy with a sweet and sour taste. You can play with dressing ingredients and seasoning as per your taste. Here in this recipe, I tried to make it a little garlicky in taste that makes a good combination with cabbage.
9 Tips to Make The Best
Here are a few tips and tricks for beginners trying coleslaw at home:
- Finely shred the cabbage using a knife or cabbage slicer.
- Soak the cabbage in salt water to release the bitterness.
- Rinse the cabbage after soaking.
- Make sure the water is squeezed from veggies otherwise the salad will become watery after some time.
- For a specific sour taste, use vinegar or fresh lemon.
- Don't serve right after making. Give it some time to settle down the dressing with vegetables. This will enhance the taste and give you the best taste.
- Avoid adding vegetables with watery features.
- You can make changes in seasoning as per your taste.
- Keep it a cool place after making.
SEE ALSO: Mayo Salad Dressing
How to Make Coleslaw
I personally love to make different styles of salad to serve with food. In all my salad recipes, coleslaw has special placement on dining. Here is a step by step video recipe that you can easily make at home kitchen. So if you are a beginner and looking for how to make this quick and best coleslaw idea then watch this quick tutorial.
- Cabbage - 1 Cup
- Carrots - ½ Cup
- Capsicum (optional) - 2 Tsp
- Mayonnaise - ½ Cup
- Powdered Sugar - ½ Tsp
- Salt - 2 pinches
- Black Pepper - 2 pinches
- Milk - 100 ml
- Lemon Juice - ½ Tsp
Cut the vegetables (cabbage, carrots, and capsicum). Now in a bowl, add mayo, sugar, salt, pepper, milk, and freshly squeezed lemon. Mix well to make a thick sauce. Now in adding all the vegetables in a bowl. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper. Now pour the mayo sauce and give it a good mix. The tasty and delicious recipe of 'Coleslaw' is ready to serve.
Happy cooking and happy eating!!
You can find the recipe card down below this post.
Share this recipe with your family and friends. It would be great if you leave your feedback in the comment box. If you make this recipe at home then share a picture with the hashtag #hinzcooking
Try it!! And Join Us
It’s a quick and easy coleslaw recipe that you can easily make at home to serve as a side dish. You can join our Facebook group of foodies to interact with other foodies!! At Hinz cooking, you can find more recipes related to breakfast, lunch, dinner, and teatime. Explore recipe collection to get your desired recipes.
Is Coleslaw Keto?
There is no doubt... it's a 100% keto recipe because of cabbage which contains low calories and recommended for weight loss.
How to Store Coleslaw?
You can simply refrigerate in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days. I don't recommend storing more than that as it's homemade and not contain any preservative.
How to Get Rid With Bitter Taste of Coleslaw?
Sprinkle a little salt on coleslaw and mix well. Let it rest for few minutes then rinse it well. In this way, it will release the excess water. Let it dry before use.
Is it Good for Health?
It's healthy as it contains vegetables. Cabbage is a great source of weight loss. The dressing is very important to make healthy coleslaw. Mayo contains saturated fats so if you can replace it with yogurt to make it more healthy.
What is KFC Coleslaw Recipe?
This recipe is more or less similar to KFC coleslaw as it contains sliced/shredded cabbage and other veggies. Mayo salad dressing added to make a similar version.
Best Coleslaw Recipe - How to Make Coleslaw Dressing
- Salad Bowl
- Cabbage – 1 Cup
- Carrots – ½ Cup
- Capsicum optional – 2 Tsp
- Mayonnaise – ½ Cup
- Powdered Sugar – ½ Tsp
- Salt – 2 pinches
- Black Pepper – 2 pinches
- Milk – 100 ml
- Lemon Juice – ½ Tsp
- Cut the vegetables (cabbage, carrots, and capsicum).
- Now in a bowl, add mayo, sugar, salt, pepper, milk, and freshly squeezed lemon.
- Mix well to make a thick sauce.
- Now in adding all the vegetables in a bowl.
- Season the vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Now pour the mayo sauce and give it a good mix.
- The tasty and delicious recipe of ‘Coleslaw’ is ready to serve.
- Use the best brand of mayo or you can also use homemade mayonnaise.
- Adding a little sugar will not make it sweet in flavor but enhance the taste with little sweetness.
- The addition of garlic will give it a unique flavor and aroma.
- Milk added to make the sauce runny and thick. Don't add too much.
- If the sauce gets thin in texture then add more mayo to make it thick.
Related Salad Recipes: