Garlic butter rice can make a perfect fried rice within 15 minutes with cooked rice. Quick and easy recipe to pair up with baked chicken, curry, stew, and kebabs. The garlicky, buttery and stir fried flavor of rice makes it super scrumptious to serve as a side dish.
Tip: If you have boiled rice at home then you can quickly make this delicious garlic butter fried rice. It will prepare within 10 to 15 minutes. If you are looking for how to make this recipe then watch the recipe video tutorial step by step.
Today, I am making this special rice recipe that will give the best option to serve with the curry. People from Asian countries love to have rice so it's a great idea to serve it as a side meal. Whenever I make boiled rice at home then I deliberately make double in quantity as I want to make this garlic rice or sometimes try it with chicken fried rice.
About Garlic Butter Rice
This garlic butter rice recipe is simple and plain for you to add a variety of options like you can add green veggies of your choice also you can add some chicken, salmon, turkey, or tuna. I like it plain as it gives me the option to serve with different dishes.
Here I used basmati rice but you also used any other rice that you have in your pantry. Japanese rice will also give the best flavor to try this.
I heard that the garlic butter fried rice recipe is from the Philippines but I think it relates to every country. Strong garlicky and buttery flavors make it significantly delicious and unique compared to other rice recipes.
As I recall my memory, my mother used to make this fried rice multiple times during the week as she loves to have rice with curry. so we also used to have it. I personally like to have with Shami kabab and veg salad. It has a filling effect for long hours.
To make the best garlic butter rice then use the proper quantity of garlic and butter. Increasing the quantity of garlic can make it so strong in taste that some people don't like it. A balanced quantity of both garlic and butter can make these rice so special in taste.
What's Special in this Recipe?
I have added EXTRA garlic in a form of fried garlic that makes it nuttier in flavor. I personally love to have garlic in this form. If you are going to try this recipe then surely add this and you will feel the difference. It's recommended to top with fried garlic rather than adding it during cooking otherwise it will be soggy. Crispy garlic fries will add value to taste in this recipe.
Many people used to make burnt garlic butter fried rice which has strong garlicky and butter flavor.
Cooked Rice - Long grain basmati rice used.
Garlic (Sliced + Grated) - Used fried garlic in sliced form for garnishing and grated added while sauteeing rice.
Onion (Chopped) - Slightly caramelized onions will add sweet and sour flavor in rice.
Green chilies (optional)
Seasoning - salt, black pepper powder and garlic powder.
Fresh Coriander/Cilantro for garnishing
How To Make Garlic Butter Rice
(If you don't have cooked rice)
Wash rice and soak for 10 minutes. Preferably boil rice a day before or you can use it if you boil right away. Drain the rice water after boiling. (If you already have cooked rice then use that and skip this step).
Shallow Fry Garlic Slices
Now in a pan, heat the oil and fry sliced garlic on medium heat until it turns to golden brown color. Take the garlic out from the pan and keep it on a side.
Stir Fry Rice
Now add butter in a pan and heat it up at medium temperature. Add grated garlic, chopped onion, and green chilies (optional). Saute for a minute to make it aromatic. Season with salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Add little water/broth and mix well on high heat. Add boiled rice. Stir and fry rice on high heat.
Steam The Rice
Cover and cook the rice for 5 minutes on low medium heat to make it steamy.
After getting steam, remove the lid and fry rice on high heat.
Tasty and delicious "garlic butter fried rice" is ready to eat.
It's been a wonderful experience to make garlic butter fried rice for Sunday dinner. Here is a step by step video recipe that you can easily cook at home kitchen. So if you are a beginner and looking for how to make garlic butter rice, watch quick video recipe.
Share this recipe with your family and friends. It would be great if you leave your feedback in the comment box. If you make this recipe at home then share a picture with the hashtag #hinzcooking
Tips For Best Garlic Butter Fried Rice
These tips will help you to make perfect garlic butter fried rice:
- Preferably using boiled rice cooked a day before.
- Never fry the garlic on high heat otherwise it will be dark without adding crispiness.
- Garlic powder will add taste to this recipe so don't avoid it. Use fresh garlic and powder both.
- Never heat the butter on high heat otherwise it will burn but you can saute garlic and onion on medium heat.
- Frying rice on high heat will surely make a perfect rice texture.
- Steaming will add tenderness to rice and neutralize the flavor of garlic and butter.
- Never steam for too long.
What to Serve with Garlic Butter Fried Rice
Garlic butter rice can easily pair up with variety of recipes. Here are some idea that might be interesting for you to add.
- Baked Chicken: Oven Baked Chicken Breast | Tandoori Chicken
- Fried Chicken: Al Baik Chicken | Broast
- Roasted Carrots | Garlic Mushrooms | Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- Curry: Lamb Curry | Lamb Saag | Keema Curry | Chickpea Curry
- Chicken tikka masala
- Different Sauces: Dakous | Peppercorn Sauce for Steaks | Honey garlic sauce
Indian Serving Idea
Shish Tawook | Dakous | Veg Salad | Green Chutney | Curry
How to Store and Reheat
You can store the leftover rice for 5 days in refrigerator. Place the rice at room temperature in a airtight glass container and simply refrigerate. I avoid to freeze the rice.
When you need the rice, take it out from refrigerator and microwave for 5 minutes to make it hot and steamy. You can also reheat on stovetop using pan or skillet.
It’s a quick and easy rice recipe that you can easily make at home for lunch and dinner and serve your family and friends. You can join our Facebook group of foodies to interact with other foodies!! At Hinz cooking, you can find more recipes related to breakfast, lunch, dinner, and teatime.
Q & A
Basmati and Jasmine rice are perfect to make fried rice as it has long grain, become so fluffy after cooking and due to less starch it makes a perfect fried rice texture. Don't use starchy short grain rice like sushi, risotto or paella.
If the plain rice is properly soaked and cooked before 12 hours then you will get the best result of fried rice. I always cook rice before time to make fried rice. After stir frying, steam the rice for 2 minutes on low heat makes it extremely soft, and fluffy to eat.
You can use Greek yogurt cilantro sauce, tahini sauce, mushroom sauce. You can also make peppercorn sauce or simple make chicken with honey garlic sauce, lemon honey chicken as sweet and savory makes a perfect bite with garlic butter rice.
To make the fried rice brown in color, use soya sauce and sesame oil and small quantity of brown sugar. It will make the restaurant style color of brown rice.
Garlic is extremely healthy and fried garlic have active allicin compound that helps to reduce cholesterol, and blood sugar. To make it more healthy use whole grain brown rice.
Yes, you can. Garlic powder is more handy as compared to peel the fresh garlic. But for this recipe I prefer to use fresh garlic as it turns so well in terms of flavor and garlicky aroma.
You Might Like This
Garlic Butter Rice (Fried Rice)
- 2 cups Boiled Rice
- 2 cloves Garlic slices
- 1 tablespoon Oil To fry the garlic
- 3 teaspoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Grated garlic
- 2 teaspoon Onion Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Green chilies
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- Fresh Coriander/Cilantro for garnishing
- Wash rice and soak for 10 minutes.
- Preferably boil rice a day before or you can use it if you boil right away.
- Drain the rice water after boiling.
- Now in a pan, heat the oil and fry sliced garlic on medium heat until it turns to golden brown color.
- Take the garlic out from the pan.
- Now add butter in a pan and heat it up at medium temperature.
- Add grated garlic, chopped onion, and green chilies(optional).
- Saute for a minute to make it aromatic.
- Now season with salt, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Add little water/broth and mix well on high heat.
- Add boiled rice. Stir and fry rice on high heat.
- Now cover and cook for 5 minutes on low medium heat to make it steamy.
- After getting steam, remove the lid and fry rice on high heat.
- Rice is ready to serve now.
- To make the best garlic butter rice, cook the rice a day before.
- Fry garlic slices on low heat to make them crispy.
- Garlic powder is the secret ingredient that will add a magical taste so don't avoid it.
- If you are using salted butter then monitor the salt quantity in rice.
- Initially fry rice on high heat.
- Steam the rice for few minutes to make it soft.
- Avoid long steam time otherwise, the rice will mushy.
Garlic butter Rice - Quick & Easy recipe for rice lovers
I love it since I always eating breakfast with sinangag(filipino style make).so thanks for your effort to share your recipe...