Here is a homemade honey butter skillet corn recipe with canned corns and without cream cheese. Milky sweet, soft, and juicy kernels loaded with the flavor of honey and creamy with the topping of cheddar. A 15-minute recipe to serve as a side for a quick family dinner.
This recipe is insanely good and incredibly delicious to enjoy anytime as it’s healthy and full of nutrition. Whenever I need something to eat before or after a workout, I prefer to eat this honey butter skillet corn or sauteed chickpeas as it suppresses my appetite and keeps full for a long time.
Honey Butter Skillet Corn Recipe
It's a classic one-pan dish that can easily pair up as a side with a variety of main course dishes. I prefer to use canned corn kernels to make this 15-minute honey butter skillet corn recipe.
Sautéing corn in honey butter sauce on slow heat makes it so delicious and comforting to eat. Added cheddar to give it the flavor of creamed cheddar corn. I believe the creamy and velvety look of corn makes it so tempting that no one can ignore.
Why Do I Love This Recipe?
Well, there are so many reasons to make this recipe.
- Quick & Easy: It's simple and fast prepare within 15 minutes.
- Used Minimal Ingredients: Only need a handful of ingredients to make this recipe which is extremely hassle free for everyone to make
- Healthy & Nutritious: These little corn kernels are full of healthy vitamins and minerals that are extremely good to add in daily diet. It will boost your energy level. Low in calorie. Best source of vitamin C.
- Best For Weight Loss: My nutritionist always recommends me to add corn in diet as it's a great source of fiber intake. Also helps to shed belly fat. This recipe is the best companion in my weight loss journey.
- Best Side Dish: You can comfortably pair up this recipe with every dish. I love to have with baked chicken.
- Easy To Eat: This recipe is so simple to eat with spoon. You can have it hot, warm or cold as per your choice.
- Easy Lunch Box Idea: For me, it's a great idea for lunch box. Whenever I travel, I keep corns with me.
Ingredients & Substitutions
This recipe is so simple and extremely easy for anyone to try with minimal ingredients.
Corn: Used canned corn for this recipe. Frozen corn can also be used. If you have seasonal corn then use but check the quality before use. If it's plump and firm in texture, use it!, if it's squishy, avoid to use as it will not develop the desired flavor.
Butter: It will create a creamy, rich and velvety look of sauce that blends so well with corns.
Honey: It will add a natural sweetness in corns. Butter and honey makes a perfect sauce to saute corn.
Cheddar: It's optional! but worth of add it to create a creamy and velvety touch with honey butter sauce. It taste so good with corns, don't skip it!
Seasoning: salt and pepper are enough to season this simple and minimal spiced recipe.
How To Make Honey Butter Skillet Corn
Heat up the skillet pan on medium heat. Melt the butter and honey together. Once melted add the canned corn and sauté for about 5 to 6 minutes.
Keep stirring while cooking and season with salt and black pepper.
Add cheddar and give it a quick mix. Cook until the cheddar evenly mix with corns.
Garnish with parsley or freshly chopped basil. Enjoy!
Serve these skillet corn hot or at room temperature. If you are making for party, make it before time and just reheat before serving.
Tips & Variations
- The key to this recipe is to use premium-quality of corn. Bright color, pulpy, and firm corn kernels are used in this recipe.
- Veggies (carrots, capsicum, spinach, kale, broccoli) can be used to add more value to this recipe.
- Use jalapenos to add spicy taste in corns.
- The Addition of fresh lemon juice makes it more refreshing. Only add if you are familiar with the taste. (Never use vinegar as it will harm the taste).
- Cheddar cheese is optional and can be replaced with mozzarella, feta, and parmesan.
- You can spice up the whole recipe with different seasoning. Sometime I sprinkle my Italian spaghetti seasoning as it create a perfect taste.
How To Store
It's best to store the leftover corn in airtight glass container.
Keep it in refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Reheating Once you need, reheat in microwave for 2 minutes. Heat it in skillet on stovetop. Splash a little water (20 ml) in the skillet to reheat the corn otherwise it will get dry.
Q & A
Corns are naturally vegan and gluten-free. In this recipe, honey can be replaced with raw sugar and cheddar is vegan. Check the packaging to see the modified food starch.
Yes, honey and butter make a perfect sauce that blends so well with corn kernel. It not only adds sweetness but also make it rich and velvety in texture.
Only 3 to 4 days.
Yes, rinse it properly in strainer. Release the excess water before saute in sauce.
Yes, you can! Make it using saute mode of instant pot.
Easy Side Ideas To Try
- Roasted Carrots
- Sautéed Chickpeas
- Honey Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- Potato Gratins without Cream
- Sautéed Mushrooms with Garlic
You Might Like This
Honey Butter Skillet Corn Recipe
- 1 Cup Corn
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- ½ cup Cheddar Substitute: Mozzarella, Parmesan, Cottage or Cream Cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- ⅓ teaspoon Black pepper
- Parsley freshly chopped
- Heat up the skillet pan on medium heat. Melt the butter and honey together. Once melted add the canned corn and sauté for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Keep stirring while cooking and season with salt and black pepper.
- Serve these skillet corn hot or at room temperature. If you are making for party, make it before time and just reheat before serving.