Here is a homemade spicy hot honey sauce recipe for chicken wings, sandwiches, and boiled seafood. Prepare in 5 minutes without cooking with only 5 ingredients.
Are you excited to drizzle this tangy, sweet, and spicy sauce on your next meal? To be very honest, it made me addicted not only with the rich and smoky flavor but also with the sweetest aroma while making it.
I used this crazy sauce in my hot honey chicken tenders that I prepared for weekend dinner, and it took the heart of my family. Not with the heating spice but with the flavor.
The idea of making the honey hot sauce came after making the honey garlic sauce recipe. It was great but became greater after adding the heating spice and this recipe is all about that.
What is Hot Honey Sauce?
Hot honey is basically a tangy and spicy honey condiment used to add spices with sweet and savory flavors in different recipes. This chili-infused sauce with fewer ingredients always helps to make the best flavor in no time.
If you are in love with spicy food then keep it with you to use as a marinade, to drizzle on appetizers, or use it with burgers and sandwiches.
The viscosity, cohesiveness, and adhesion of this sauce make it perfect to serve solo with a variety of dishes.
Why Do I Love This Recipe?
If I would say, It’s the best sauce ever loaded with sweet and savory spice that everyone loves to have.
- Quick and easy recipe, ready within 5 minutes.
- Only 5 ingredients are needed from the pantry staple.
- No cooking!
- Affordable condiment with valued results.
- It’s a DIY sauce! Incredibly versatile and has plenty of options to customize.
- Make ahead of time and serve as dipping sauce or use it while making the recipe.
- Easily adjust the level of spice as per your taste buds.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Honey: Use any premium-quality honey with a mild flavor. Check with the color, if it’s light then it’s mild and the darker version shows a bold and strong flavor. For cooking recipes and sauces, it’s recommended to use mild flavor as it smoothly blends with other ingredients.
Chili Flakes: Yes, this is vital to increase the heat in the sauce. I used crushed red pepper flakes but you can also use chipotle Morita flakes or Aleppo, ancho, Carolina Reaper or crushed Habanero chili flakes. The quantity of spice can increase or decrease as per the taste.
Garlic Powder: The strong garlicky taste makes a perfect combination with sweet and chili flavor.
Salt & Paprika: Adjusting the taste with salt and smoky paprika will add more value to taste and improve the color of sauce.
How to Make Hot Honey Sauce
It's simple, quick and extremely easy to make this hot and spicy sauce within 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients: honey, garlic powder, Crushed red chili flakes, salt, and smoked paprika.
- Give it a good mix to combine and create one tone homogenous mixture of sauce.
Shift the sauce to serving bowl and enjoy as dipping sauce or simply drizzle over the food.
I find it a quickest sauce ever!
Tips and Variations
- It's a healthy sauce! that makes a perfect combination to serve and drizzle over chicken wings, baked, grilled or roasted meat.
- Easily customize to add flavor according to taste buds.
- To add a variation in taste, add Worcestershire sauce with honey.
- If you don't want to use chili flakes then use hot sauce.
How to Store
Right after making it, shift it to a airtight glass container and keep it in your pantry shelf for about 2 months. Make sure to check the expiry of honey and other ingredients.
Avoid to take out sauce with wet spoon.
Don’t freeze or refrigerate this sauce.
How to Use Honey Hot Sauce
If you like spicy flavor with sweet and sour taste than there are many ideas where you can comfortably use this easy glazed sauce to prepare these recipes.
- Roasted Potatoes
- Honey Garlic Butter Chicken
- Honey Garlic Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Hot honey Carrots
- Honey Garlic Chicken
- Baked Chicken
- Honey garlic Skillet Corns
Q & A
No, hot honey sauce has long shelf life at room temperature and you don’t need to keep in your fridge.
Yes, it is! Not only for wings but also for tenders, thighs, baked chicken breast and many other recipes.
Simply use honey garlic sauce without spices.
Yes, off course! You can. It will save your time in kitchen and give the best option to make different chicken and seafood recipes.
Sauces To Go With Chicken
If you are looking forward to trying this Al baik chicken recipe or something else, then don’t forget to Rate the Recipe by clicking on stars and ask your query in the comment section. I would love to reply to make your experience successful. It will be encouraging if you share your recipe shots with me to share on stories on Instagram.
Hot Honey Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- ½ teaspoon Chili Flakes
- ⅓ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Salt adjust with taste
- In a mixing bowl, add honey (1 tbsp), garlic powder (⅓ teaspoon ), Crushed red chili flakes (½ tsp), salt (¼ tsp), and smoked paprika (½ tsp).
- Finely mix all the ingredients to form a smooth 1-tone sauce.
- Right after making it, shift it to an airtight glass container and keep it on your pantry shelf for about 2 months. Make sure to check the expiry of honey and other ingredients.
- If the sauce is getting thick with time (on the shelf), add more honey to fix the consistency.
- Don't freeze the sauce.
- Avoid refrigeration as it may turn the sauce into solid crystals.
- If making in bulk, always use a dry spoon to take it out.
- You can make it ahead of time to add in party menu.
- This sauce quantity is recommended for 1 person so multiply it if you are making for a crowd.