4 Ingredients Strawberry lassi recipe is a rejuvenating Indian yogurt drink for summer prepared with a blend of fresh strawberries and yogurt. A chilled glass of tantalizing lassi will boost your energy and give cool vibes to minimize the scorching heat of summers. Famous drink recipe of Indian and Pakistani street food.
What is Strawberry Lassi?
Lassi is the famous drink of the Indian subcontinent prepared with yogurt. People from South Asia especially India and Pakistan love to make lassi in summers and one of the famous street drink. As the drink is popular so here is the variation to make lassi with fresh strawberries that improve the flavor and give more refreshing vibes and super cool way to boost energy level.
As Ramadan and Eid are ahead Strawberry lassi is one of the idea to make your Ramadan iftar drink. It will instantly boost your energy level and keep you refreshed throughout the day. I make it in iftar and good to have in suhoor (sehri).
Lassi can be prepared in 2 ways: sweet and salted. Here I am preparing the version of sweet lassi as strawberries make the best flavor with yogurt in sweet form. Alternatively, you can try the salted lassi.
Lassi is basically a Sanskrit word refer Lasika which means saliva. It’s the famous and delectable drink of Punjab, Sindh, Gujrat, and Rajasthan.
The addition of fruit in lassi makes not only makes it scrumptious in taste but also improves nutrition value. Two versions of fruit lassi (Mango Lassi, Strawberry Lassi) is always trend in summer and people are obsessed to have it. In Pakistan and India, you can easily find it at every street restaurant but if you are living in the US, UK or other English countries then you can find it in Indian and Pakistani restaurants so simply make it at home as it takes only 5 minutes to prepare this healthy drink.
Why This Recipe Works
- It’s refreshing, healthy and full of nutrition.
- Will take 5 minutes or less to prepare at home.
- Extremely delicious and best way to add yogurt in daily diet.
- Give cool vibes in hot and scorching summer.
- Best to revitalize the energy.
- Easily prepared with fresh or frozen strawberries.
Lassi Health Benefits
Lassi is an amazing drink that can make wonder to your body if you have it daily. It will improve the immune system and help to relinquish the deficiency of vitamin D and Lactic acid. Fully loaded with good bacteria that fight against stomach issues. Best to have in summer to stay away with sunstrokes.
Some people feel sleepy after having lassi. Do you feel the same? I do, when I have in summers. If you are sleepless then have it in the daytime. Avoid having lassi at night as it may trigger cold/flue.
Traditionally the lassi is served in Kulhar (clay glass) but here I am serving in regular glass. Clay glass has alkaline properties that helps to reduce the acidity and other digestive problems.
Strawberries: fresh and chilled strawberries used with the random cut.
Yogurt: full fat chilled yogurt used in this recipe.
Milk: used chilled cow milk to balance the consistency of lassi.
Sugar: to add a sweet flavor. Brown sugar used.
How to Make Strawberry Lassi
First, clean the strawberries and randomly cut them to blend with milk. In a blender, add fresh strawberries and chilled milk and give it a good blend then add sugar and chilled yogurt and blend to make a fluffy texture. Pour and enjoy a chilled glass of strawberry lassi.
The combination of yogurt, milk, and strawberries is good for your immune system. Blend it to make a refreshing summer drink.
Tips & Variations
- It’s best to use any type of low and full fat yogurt.
- Taste the yogurt before making. Make sure it’s fresh as the old may add sourness in lassi.
- Use cardamom powder as it will enhance the taste.
- The addition of rose water will add a flowery taste to lassi.
- Use brown or white sugar as per your taste. To replace sugar, honey can be used.
- If you don’t have fresh strawberries then use frozen.
- In case, don’t have fresh strawberries then use strawberry syrup.
- Use milk to balance the consistency of yogurt.
- Kulfi ice cream can be used to add more creaminess in lassi.
- To make vegan lassi, then replace yogurt with coconut yogurt, and milk with almond milk. Use honey to make it sweet.
You Might Also Like
Strawberry Lassi (Indian Yogurt Drink)
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 1 cup Strawberry
- 1 tablespoon Sugar (May use as per the taste)
- Randomly cut the fresh/frozen strawberries.
- In a blender, add strawberries and chilled milk and blend well.
- Now add chilled yogurt and sugar in blended strawberry milk
- Blend again to make it fluffy.
- Serve chilled!
- If you want a strong taste of strawberries then add more strawberries.
- Use full fat milk as it makes better taste.
- Sugar can be skipped with honey.
- Blend well until all the ingredients show a fluffy and bubbly texture.
- To add desi flavor, add a pinch of cardamom powder.
- Rosewater can also be used as a taste enhancer.
- To make vegan lassi, replace yogurt with coconut yogurt and milk with almond milk. Use honey to make it sweet.
- Frozen strawberries can be used. Or, use strawberry paste.
- Make sure the yogurt is fresh!