Making 4 different flavors of 'Orange peel tea' recipe that will make you warm and improve your immunity system naturally. Here is a step-by-step orange tea video recipe and instructions to make at home.
Since I gone through the orange peel tea health benefits, I don't want to waste the peel. It's a delicious tea idea that you can prepare at home by making different variations in flavor. Here is simple a traditional classical tea along with the flavor of black tea, coffee, and fresh orange juice.
So simple and easy to make at home. If you are thinking this recipe is not for me then just have look at orange tea health benefits then you will not lose your peel and store.
It's a simple and cheap idea to make delicious and aromatic tea at home. While you make, your entire house will be fragrant with the steamy aroma of oranges which is so refreshing and create positive vibes.
I love to make this tea with chilled orange flavor for my son as he loves the orange flavor. As it builds the immune system so recommended for kids and older people.
SEE ALSO: Detox Water for Weight Loss
How to Make Orange Peel Tea
It's simple and easy to make orange peel tea with dried and fresh orange peel or skin. By adding different flavors, you can give more taste to traditional or classical orange tea.
You can serve it hot or cold as per your taste and desire. I always make it chilled with orange juice and serve hot with black tea, coffee or a regular orange tea.
To make this orange tea, you only need a peel of fresh orange that you can wash and dried to store in an airtight container for later use.
Simmer the peel in hot water for 5 to 10 minutes to get the concentrated and strong flavor of peels. I have added a teaspoon of cinnamon powder to make it more aromatic then simply squeeze fresh lemon and strain.
SEE ALSO: Health Benefits of Drinking Hot Water
What Type of Oranges is Best to Make Orange Peel Tea
In this recipe, I used Valentia Egypt orange to make this tea. I personally preferred Pakistani and Indian Oranges (Kinnow) as it has soft skin and also makes a big difference in flavor.
In the United States or Brazil, as they are world-leading producers of oranges so you can take Navel oranges to make this orange tea.
Orange Peel Tea Benefits & Side Effects
As oranges come with lots of vitamins and minerals so the skin is quite healthy for our body too. Orange peel tea can help you if you are dealing with constipation and weight loss issues.
If you are looking to have glowy and radiant skin then this tea can help you to add a natural glow-up look to your face and body.
Here are some highlights of orange peel tea benefits:
- Builds immunity
- Best for Detox and as a fat cutter
- Anti Cancer
- Weight loss
- Regulate blood sugar
- For skin glow up
- The best source of Vitamin C
Moderation is always recommended to eat everything. If you have it so many times in a day or in excess then the excessive fiber intake can affect digestion or might create abdominal cramps.
How much Orange tea can I have in a day?
2 to 3 cups is fine in a day.
How to Dry Orange Peels for Tea
Take out the orange peels, wash properly. Keep it on a tray or strainer tray and keep it under the sun. Make sure to cover it with a cotton cloth so the ultraviolet rays could not affect it.
Another way is to keep at room temperature where air can easily flow. So the peel can dry with the atmosphere.
The orange peel needs to show a dry texture or a little harder to look at.
How to Store Orange Tea
As the Orange peels get dry, you store them in a container at room temperature. Don't refrigerate! Try to consume as soon as possible as it doesn't carry any preservatives. 01 week is enough to use home-dried orange peel. If you feel any fungus or bad odor then don't use it.
If you are storing cooked orange peel tea then refrigerate it for 3 to 4 days and when you need take it out and boil it again and have it with your flavor.
Here are 4 Flavors of Orange Peel Tea
1) Classical Orange Peel Tea
Simply add orange peel in hot boiling water. Add a teaspoon of cinnamon. Simmer for 10 minutes on medium heat to get the saturated solution. Take out from the heat. Squeeze the fresh lemon. Add sugar or honey as per your taste. Strain and enjoy! Serve hot or cold as per your choice.
2) With Black Tea
Boil water with orange peels and add black tea. If you like, you can add a pinch of cardamom powder. Enjoy! Best for winters.
3) With Coffee
In hot boiling water, add orange peels and simmer for 10 minutes. Add black coffee and give it a good whisk. Enjoy hot with sugar or without.
4) With Orange Juice
It's simple and easy to make with orange juice and flavor more like a beverage. I personally served it cold. So you can make it by heating water with peels. Add orange juice with sugar or honey. Mix well! and enjoy.. If you are serving chilled then add ice cubes to make it tempting.
Orange Peel Tea - Orange Tea (4 Flavors) - Hinz Cooking
- Orange peel - 1 Orange
- Water - 2 Cups
- Cinnamon - ½ Tsp
- Fresh Lemon Extract - 1 Tsp
- Sugar/honey - To Taste
- Ingredients For Other Flavors
- Black Tea - ½ Tsp
- Coffee - ½ Tsp
- Orange Juice - 1 Cup
- Classical Orange Peel Tea (With Cinnamon & Lemon)
- Simply add orange peel in hot boiling water. Add a teaspoon of cinnamon. Simmer for 10 minutes on medium heat to get the saturated solution. Take out from the heat. Squeeze the fresh lemon. Add sugar or honey as per your taste. Strain and enjoy! Serve hot or cold as per your choice.
- Orange Peel Tea With Black Tea
- Boil water with orange peels and add black tea. If you like, you can add a pinch of cardamom powder. Enjoy! Best for winters.
- Orange Peel Tea With Coffee
- In hot boiling water, add orange peels and simmer for 10 minutes. Add black coffee and give it a good whisk. Enjoy hot with sugar or without.
- Orange Peel Tea with Orange Juice
- It's simple and easy to make with orange juice and flavor more like a beverage. I personally served it cold. So you can make it by heating water with peels. Add orange juice with sugar or honey. Mix well! and enjoy.. If you are serving chilled then add ice cubes to make it tempting.
- Orange peel are sour in taste so don't cook for very long time otherwise the tea taste will be compromised.
- Wash and dry the peels under sunlight or room temperature keep on a wire.
- Never store the peel in refrigerator. Place on room temperature.
- You can make variation in taste by add cardamom powder.
- Never cook the tea after adding lemon extract.