In Eid special recipes, sheer khurma is the essential dish that every house prepare to celebrate the Eid festivities with guests, friends, family and loved ones. Today, in our kitchen, I am going to make this delicious recipe in simple and quick way that you can easily prepare in your home kitchen within 30-40 minutes.
Isn't it cool?
I remember the day when my grandmother use to make it this scrumptious khurma before Eid night and right after Eid prayers it served to family and guest. Without making sheer khorma or khurma, Eid is just incomplete.
As I started food blogging, I come to know that many new girls who recently got married or living outside the country interested to learn the basic method of sheer khurma making. As the life is fast so I tried to make it easy for them to prepare it within few minutes.
On a personal note, I use to make this recipe after 2nd day as my 4 years old son just loved it 🙂 So, if your kids are fuzzy in eating then you can also try this as it's a healthy and time-saving recipe that you can serve to your kids and might be they like it.
To prepare this recipe, you can make it step by step just by watching the recipe video which is in Urdu / Hindi to facilitate the people from South Asia. So, let’s move into the kitchen and make this Eid special recipe - Sheer Khurma with love to add more colors to your Eid day.
How to Make Eid Special Sheer Khurma Recipe at Home
Preparation time: 30 mins
Recipe Language: Urdu/Hindi
Serving: 3-4 persons
Milk - ½ Liter
Condensed Milk - ½ Cup
Green Cardamom Seeds - 5-6
Sugar - To taste
Kewra Essence - 5-6 drops
Dry fruits (Almonds, raisins, pistachio)
Desiccated coconut - 2 Tsp
Desi Ghee - 1 Tbsp
- Add 1 tablespoon oil in a pan and heat it up.
- Then add 5-6 green cardamom seeds or you can also add the powder to get the special aroma of Sheer.
- Now add 1 Vermicelli (Seviyan), I am using half package and break the Seviyan into tiny parts through hands.
- Here, I will fry the vermicelli on low heat until it gets little brown or just show the effect of toasting. Make sure your stove flame is low otherwise it will get darker and give the burning taste.
- Now put it off from the pan and keep it on a platter on a side.
- In the meanwhile, we will do some dry fruit toasting in the same pan.
- You can use your desire items in dry fruit that you like as per your taste and interested to add in your sheer khurma.
- I added sliced almonds, pistachios, raisins and desiccated coconut. If you like, you can also add dates (khajoor) in sliced form.
- Lightly toast all dry fruits and keep it on a side in the platter.
- Now add 1-liter milk in the same pan and heat it up.
- As it started boiling add sugar (to taste) and mix well.
- Add fried vermicelli (Seviyan) in hot boiling milk.
- Also, add few drops of kewra essence.
- As the Seviyan starting become soft, add toasted dry fruit and mix well.
- As the milk gets thick then add saffron. It will take around 7-8 minutes to get ready on low heat.
- Now the sheer khurma is ready to serve.
Sheer Khurma recipe is an ideal recipe to serve your guest on special Eid event. Make it at home as a dessert dish and enjoy. Thanks for watching and have a happy eating time ?
- Suji ki Katli
- Jalebi Recipe
- Sheer Khurma Recipe – Eid Special
- Shahi Tukray Recipe
- Meethi Seviyan Recipe
Also, don’t forget to subscribe to my cooking channel on Youtube.