Semolina or Suji - Rava is the best ingredients to form different recipes. Today, we are making 'Suji ki katli' a special recipe in 'Halwa' category that people love to eat. Most of the mothers in central Asia recommend feeding suji in a different format to their kids as it's healthy and yummy and children can easily eat it.
In Muslim fraternity, people love to make it on holy events like 'Shabe Barat' and Shab-e-Meraj. It's simple, easy and tasty in terms of taste. As we preparing in dry form so you can also keep it outside for 4 to 5 days in cool weather otherwise you can keep it in the fridge for a week.
Suji Halwa prepared in a different style but in this form, as it's dry and has the diagonal shape it's easy to eat. You can also place it in kids lunch box to serve in school time.
Suji/semolina improves B-complex vitamins which include folate and thiamin also increase energy level. It also packed with selenium and iron.
Join me, in my kitchen and prepare this mouthwatering 'Suji katli' recipe.
How to Make Suji Ki Katli at Home - Semolina Halwa
Preparation time: 20 mins
Recipe Language: Urdu/Hindi
Serving: 3-4 persons
Water - ½ liter
Sugar - 1 Cup
Kewra Essence - ½ Tsp
Green Cardamom - 5-6 (seeds/powder)
Semolina / Suji - 1 -½ Cups
Desi Ghee - 1 Tbsp
Almonds, Dessicated Coconuts, Raisins
Prepare Sugar Syrup
To prepare nice sticky sugar syrup to bind the suji;
- We need 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar mix it together.
- Add few drops of kewra essence
- Also, add Green cardamom seeds or powder to add aroma and flavor in syrup.
- Boil it for about 10 mins on medium heat.
- Keep boiling until you get nice textured or sticky syrup. You can check the stickiness through fingers. (Make sure to keep it cool before checking as sugar syrup can hurt you due to high temperature)
- As you get the desired stickiness keep it on a stove on the very low heat.
- Take a pan and add butter/desi ghee in it to get heated.
- As it gets hot add Green cardamom powder and fry for few seconds.
- Now add Suji and toast it in butter on low heat.
- As the suji become aromatic and changing its color you can add the hot sugar syrup to make a nice bounding.
- Keep stirring during this process.
- Now add dry nuts and desiccated or sliced coconut to mix in the suji.
- After 2 to 3 mins pour the suji mixture on a plate. (Make sure to place an oil layered on plate surface).
- Now spread it out evenly on a plate and keep on aside for 15 mins so the mixture dries up and evenly get the binding texture.
- Now Suji halwa is ready only need to cut in the form of 'katli' so take a knife and sliced it in diagonal shape or whatever the shape that you like.
- After 5 mins you can serve it.
Suji ki Katli also called dry Rava halwa that's simple and easy to prepare and keep it for a long time to serve. You can prepare this healthy sweet recipe at your events and for your kids to keep them energized.
Thanks for watching and have a happy cooking time ?
Also, don’t forget to subscribe to my cooking channel on Youtube.