Caramel custard pudding is the easiest dessert recipe that you can make with custard powder without an oven. It's eggless and prepared within 15 minutes (No gelatin, No agar agar). A chilled bite of caramelized custard pudding will give you the best time to enjoy this tempting dessert. My family holiday dinner is incomplete without this flan!
SEE ALSO: Semolina Pudding
About This Recipe
It's an easy custard recipe to prepare pudding. If you like Cream Brulee or Cream Caramel then you must like this Creamy custard pudding recipe that I prepared without eggs and oven. My objective to make this recipe is to prepare a perfect flan without using gelatin or any other binding agent. Agar agar is vegan but I didn't use it.
In this recipe, first, we are going to start making caramel then prepare the custard and chill it together to make the perfect pudding. So easy and absolutely delicious...
Whenever I need to prepare a quick dessert for party, I prefer to make this pudding as it's easy and everybody loves to eat. It's eggless and prepared on the stovetop without baking and steaming.
If you are curious to make something delicious with custard powder then give it a try. Also recommended for people seeking how to make caramel custard without egg and without oven. A healthy recipe to follow as I didn't use gelatin or Agar agar to make the perfect pudding texture.
- Make sure to prepare the right consistency of custard. If it's too thick then it will be hard in eating and if showing thin texture then it will be watery after chilling.
- Quickly shift the hot caramel to pudding mould otherwise it will be hard and difficult to manage.
- Don't cook the caramel for so long otherwise it will give the burnt taste.
- Use the right utensil to prepare custard otherwise it will stick to bottom and give burnt taste while eating and overall custard texture will be affected.
- Strain the custard before adding in milk. It will help to make smooth texture without lumps.
- You can use cornstarch to prepare this pudding. Alternatively, agar agar or gelatin can be used but it's not recommended for this recipe.
- Don't place the hot pudding in refrigerator. Wait to bring it on room temperature then refrigerate.
Custard Powder: Used vanilla custard powder to make this pudding.
Caramel: Prepare sugar and water mixture and heat it up until the sugar starts to break the molecule and turn to golden brown color with a thick consistency.
Milk: Used full-fat milk as it will creamy texture and flavor in the pudding.
Cornflour: Used as a binding agent to make a perfect pudding flan.
Water: Used in making caramel and dissolving custard powder.
How To Make
Preparation of Caramel: In a pan, add sugar and water and cook on medium heat. Stir continuously!! In a few minutes, sugar starts to caramelize. Don't overcook otherwise it will give a burning taste. As it turned to golden brown color and shows thick consistency then remove it from heat and quickly pour caramelized sugar in pudding mold otherwise it will become hard. (If it happens then again cook it on low heat by adding a little water).
Set the caramel in the mold. Tilt the pudding mold to cover all sides with a caramel coat. Keep it aside for few seconds to get it set.
Preparation of Custard: In a bowl, dissolve custard with water/milk. In a pan, add milk and sugar and mix well. As the milk starts to boil then add custard paste to it and stir continuously to avoid lumps. Stir on low heat as the custard quickly start to get thick.
Now in another bowl, mix cornflour with water. Add in custard and cook on low heat. Continuously stir until you get desired thickness. Note the thickness in the video (03.00) to get the perfect end result.
Set the Custard in Mold: Now pour the custard in a caramel-coated pudding mold. Set it well.
Refrigerate for 1 hour to get set properly. After, one hour removes from mold. Cut into slices and serve.
You can also check other dessert recipes at Hinz cooking collection. We prepare a variety of foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner so if you have any suggestions to prepare food based on your interest you can also share with us in a comment section or join us on Facebook to be an interactive part of Hinz cooking food community.
Why is my caramel custard watery?
To avoid watery caramel custard, make sure to make the perfect caramel texture using granulated sugar. In the same way, custard consistency is important. It should be semi-thick in texture. Use the appropriate amount of cornstarch so the custard can easily form a smooth and homogenous pudding texture. Refrigerate the pudding once it comes to room temperature.
How to cool down custard quickly?
You can place it under the fan, or turn on the Air conditioner. Don't place it refrigerator once it's hot otherwise it will show a watery texture.
Which Sugar is best to make caramel?
Best idea is to use granulated sugar to make caramel. As it shows the perfect texture then turn off the heat and immediately pour in your pudding dish to set otherwise it will crumble.
How long would it take to set the pudding?
In the refrigerator, it will take 01 or 2 hours to set.
Why does pudding stick to the pan bottom?
Use the right utensil to make custard as it has a tendency to stick so continuous stirring is important. Run the spoon through making your custard pudding otherwise it will stick to the bottom and give you the burnt taste.
You Might Like This
Caramel Custard Pudding Recipe without Custard Powder
- 2 tbsp Sugar 2 – Tbsp
- 50 ml Water
- 50 g Custard Powder
- ½ cup Water
- 2 cups Milk
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- water 1 cup Water – 1 Cup
- Preparation of Caramel: In a bowl, add sugar and water and cook on medium heat. Stir continuously!! In few minutes, sugar starts to caramelize. Don’t overcook otherwise it will give burning taste.
- Quickly pour caramelized sugar in pudding mold otherwise it will become hard. (If it happens then again cook it on low heat).
- Set the caramel in the mould. Tilt the mould to cover all sides with caramel coat. Keep it aside to get set in few seconds.
- Preparation of Custard: In a bowl, dissolve custard with water/milk.
- In a pan, add milk and sugar and mix well.
- As the milk starts to boil, add custard paste in it and stir continuously to avoid lumps.
- Stir on low heat as the custard quickly start to get thick.
- Now in another bowl, mix corn flour with water.
- Add in custard and cook on low heat. Continuously stir until you get desired thickness.
- Note the thickness in the video (03.00) to get the perfect end result.
- Set the Custard: Now pour custard in caramel coated pudding mould.
- Set it well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to get set properly.
- After, one hour removes from mould. Cut into slices and serve.
- Strain the custard before adding in heated milk.
- Full fat milk will add a creamy texture in pudding.
- Quickly shift caramel to pudding mold as it starts to get hard.
- Always make semi thick custard to make the perfect pudding
- Use the right utensil to prepare the custard.
- Use a rubber spatula to easily fold the custard.
- Don't refrigerate until the pudding comes on room temperature.
- Use granulated sugar to prepare the caramel.
- Use agar agar or gelatin if you don't want to use cornstarch