Super simple, easy and delicious Semolina Pudding recipe or semolina porridge is a perfect breakfast dessert that you can make with minimal ingredients and prepare within 15 minutes. My family love to have it after dinner!
Many people know this recipe as semolina porridge! Extremely delicious, creamy and perfect to share with family and friends as a gift. Believe me, a chilled bowl of semolina pudding can simply make a perfect day. Isn't it best to make it?
What is Semolina Pudding?
It's an old-fashioned semolina pudding dessert prepared with milk and roasted semolina. Basically, it's a 3 ingredients recipe but you can add more choices like condensed milk, cream, or dry fruits to make it tastier and scrumptious.
It's an international dessert that people love to have for breakfast. Most popular in the UK so many people think it's a British dessert. People from Pakistan and India know this recipe as Rava pudding or suji pudding as they love to use semolina to make a variety of desserts and snacks. Rava is the hindi word for semolina. Similar with Arabic dessert Layali Lubnan that locals call Lebanese Nights Dessert. Let me know in comment section, how do you relate with this recipe.
To make this recipe, you just need to roast the semolina and add milk to form a thick paste at low temperatures. Add sugar to make it sweet. In this recipe, I also used condensed milk and cream to make it more creamy in taste.
I grew up eating semolina in different forms and this recipe is the heart winner as it give your best taste of milky creamy taste of pudding which is healthy and nutritious. It's a simple and easy recipe that can be prepared in ½ liter milk just by using ½ cup of roasted semolina. Hardly take 15 minutes to get ready. You may have it hot and chilled as per your choice. When I was small, I used to have warm pudding but now love to eat a chilled bowl of semolina pudding.
You can make variations in the pudding toppings. Here I used ground pistachios and almonds but you can also use desiccated coconut or just sprinkle cinnamon powder to serve.
At Hinz Cooking, you will find a variety of pudding recipes that are simple and easy to make in the home kitchen.
Is It Healthy?
Semolina is fully packed with fiber, vitamin B, thiamine, and folate which helps to energize the body also a good source of protein. Best for the kids! A sufficient amount of iron and magnesium supports building red blood cells and effectively control blood sugar.
Must-Try this tasty pudding recipe in your breakfast
Semolina - used thin roasted semolina to make a perfect texture of pudding. You can also take semolina flour.
Milk - Full fat milk is used to create a rich and creamy consistency of pudding.
Sugar - Granulated white sugar will add mild sweetness to the pudding
Rosewater (optional) + Orange Blossom - will add a flowery, sweet, and fruity aroma
Condensed Milk + Whipped Cream - used to add a rich and creamy texture to the pudding. It will amazingly improve the taste.
Dry Nuts: Almonds and pistachios are used for garnish.
How to Make Semolina Pudding
First, roast the semolina at low temperature to make it nutty and aromatic. Then add milk and quickly stir the pan to avoid lumps as semolina starts to thicken. As semolina turns to thick paste then add sugar, orange blossom, and rose water. Also, add condensed milk and give it a good mix. As it forms a thick paste. (note the texture in Video: 2:35). Pour it into a serving dish. Quickly spread evenly from all sides. Now whip the cream in another bowl. Pour it over semolina pudding.
Keep it in the refrigerator to cool down. Garnish with ground pistachio and almonds. Slice it and serve!
Semolina Pudding Video
So let's start to make this instant semolina pudding. Watch the recipe video so it will be easy for beginners to follow the quick steps.
Share this recipe with your family and friends. It would be great if you leave your feedback in the comment box. If you make this recipe at home then share a picture with the hashtag #hinzcooking
- Roast semolina until it gets aromatic and slightly changes the color. Don't make it dark!
- As you add milk in semolina, quickly stir otherwise the lump will form.
- Never cook on high heat otherwise it will instantly get thick n texture and give a raw taste while eating.
- Use the best nonstick utensil to make your dessert otherwise, it will stick on the bottom.
- Stir the dessert from all sides to make a smooth paste.
- Avoid covering the pan while cooking.
- You can make variations in topping as per your choice.
- Serve hot or chilled as per your choice
How To Store Semolina Pudding
You can store it for 1 or 2 days in an airtight container. Keep in the fridge. If it becomes too hard to eat then you can simply keep it in a pan add fresh milk and cook on low heat. In this way, it will be fresh as a new one. I personally prefer to finish within a day.
Q & A
You can serve it hot or chilled as per your choice. You can also serve roasted dry fruits, caramel syrup, and cinnamon powder.
No, it's not recommended to freeze it otherwise it will leave the water and become tasteless. You can keep it in the fridge for a day but not in the freezer.
Yes, it is! if you consume in high quantity. You can avoid fresh cream or condensed milk if you are following any diet program or in process of weight loss. Semolina is good for health and packed with multivitamins, fiber, and protein. Improve digestive system. If gluten or wheat contents don't suit you then avoid it.
More or less, It's a form of Lebanese nigh dessert (Layali Lebnan). It's rich and creamy in texture that melts in the mouth.
In a pan, add semolina and water and mix it well. Heat it up! Keep stirring as semolina starts to get thicken. In another pan, melt the dark chocolate. Blend semolina and chocolate together until it form one tone homogenous mixture. Refrigerate it before serving.
Well, you can serve in both ways. Hot pudding is so comforting specially in winter morning. Chilled pudding serving is best for summer.
You Might Like This
Make this easy recipe of 'semolina pudding' for party teatime or breakfast that you can easily make at home and serve your family and friends. You can join our Facebook group of foodies to interact with other foodies!! At Hinz cooking, you can find more recipes related to breakfast, lunch, dinner, and teatime. Explore recipe collection to get your desired recipes.
Semolina Pudding Recipe
- ½ cup Semolina
- ½ liter Milk
- ½ cup Sugar
- ⅓ teaspoon Rosewater
- ⅓ teaspoon Orange blossom
- ½ cup Condensed milk optional
- 1 cup Whipped Cream
- Almond & Pistachios for garnish
- At low temperature, roast the semolina for a few seconds.
- Then add milk and stir continuously to make a smooth paste.
- As the thick paste starts to form, add sugar, and mix well.
- Make sure to stir continuously otherwise it will be lumpy in texture.
- Now add orange blossom, rose water, and condensed milk.
- Mix well.
- As it forms a thick paste. (note the texture in Video: 2:35). Pour it into a serving dish.
- Quickly spread evenly on all sides.
- Now whip the cream in another bowl.
- Pour it over semolina pudding.
- Keep it in the fridge to cool it down.
- Garnish with ground pistachio and almonds.
- Cut the bit and serve!
- Over roasting, semolina can change the flavor.
- Never roast semolina on high heat. It has a high burning process.
- To avoid any lump in the pudding, quickly stir after adding milk.
- Use a rubber spatula to stir the pudding.
- Don't overcook.
- As it gets thick then immediately switch to dessert pan.
- Topped with your favorite dry fruits.
- Serve hot or chilled as per your choice