If you are one of them who loves to eat and make Dahi Bade then this 'Dahi Baray Recipe' is for you!
In street food recipes, Dahi Baray is one of the most popular Indian Pakistani dish that people love to eat any time of the day. Today, Hinz Cooking sharing mouthwatering 'dahi baray recipe'. It's a form of fried dumplings dipped in yogurt sauce and topped with masala and chutney.
There are different terms used for this dish as people of Punjab use the word 'Dahi Bhalla', people from Karachi call it 'Dahi Bare' often write 'Dahi Bade' and people from Indian region call it 'Dahi Vada'. More or less the recipe is same. Normally people make it by mixing two lentils while some people make it using Besan which is 'dahi phulki'. (Dahi phulki recipe).
I make this recipe in my kitchen to share with you. It's simple easy and soft dahi baray recipe so if you are looking 'Dahi Bade Banane ki Recipe' then here is for you to make street style dahi bade at your home in your kitchen. You can watch recipe video to follow the quick steps.
Join us in our kitchen to make soft and spongy dahi baray.
Homemade Dahi Bare Recipe - How to Make Dahi Bhalla
Cooking time: 30 mins (lentil soak time: 5 hrs)
How to Make Dahi Bhalla (Baray):
Moong dal: 1 Cup
Mash Dal: 1 Cup
Salt: to taste
Red Chili powder - 1 Tsp
Garlic - 1 (big size)
Green chili - 1 (big size)
Baking Soda - ⅓ Tsp
Water to soak fried dahi baray
Oil for Frying
To Make Dahi Bara Yogurt:
Yogurt: 2 Cups
Salt to Taste
Red Chili Powder - ⅓ Tsp
Dahi Bara Chaat Masala Powder - ⅓ Tsp
Garlic - 1 (grated)
Toasted Cumin Powder - ⅓ Tsp
How to Prepare Baray (Bade):
- Take 1 cup of Moong dal and 1 Cup of Mash (Urad) dal. Combine and soaked in water for about 3-4 hours.
- After 4 hours, remove water from lentils (dal).
- Now in a blender, add dal, garlic, salt, red chili powder, baking soda and 10 ml of water.
- Blend the mixture properly to make thick paste.
- Now in hot oil, deep fry the bara paste. Take a spoon and place the paste in hot oil.
- Fully fry from both sides and take it out and place in lukewarm water.
How to Make Baray Yogurt
- To make the yogurt, add 2 cup of yogurt in bowl. Beat it well to make it smooth.
- Add salt, grated garlic, red chili powder, dahi baray chaat masala and mix properly.
Assemble Baray in Yogurt
- Now remove the baray from water and lightly and gently squeeze it to extract water.
- Place the baray in yogurt or pour the yogurt on baray.
- Dahi bade is read to serve now..
- Sprinkle little chaat masala on top of the baray along with green chutney.
It's a simple recipe of dahi baray to make in street style. You can easily try this at home and I am sure your dahi baray will be as soft and scrumptious as mine. I love this recipes and always ready to try not only at home but also on street.
If you are uncertain at any step to follow the written recipe then please watch recipe video to quickly follow the steps. It would be great if you share your experience to make dahi baray.
SEE ALSO: 2 Chaat Recipes (Quick Video)
Thanks for watching in advance!