Papaya meat tenderizer can make your life easy to cook tough meat with velvety texture. Here is step by step recipe and video to make papaya paste at home and store for 6 months in freezer.
Use this natural meat tenderizer to cook beef, mutton, chicken, or lamb. It will hardly take 10 minutes to prepare this paste and store in the freezer (under best freezing conditions).
My friends always ask me, how your meat is so lean, tender and juicy and the secret is my papaya paste that I always keep in my freezer and use it to make soft and velvety kebab, steaks and marinade meat for charcoal cooking.
Papaya Meat Tenderizer
Green Papaya also famous as raw papaya (kacha papita) contains Papain that can easily break meat fiber naturally. Raw papaya basically has no odor and taste. Almost tasteless. So it will not make any difference in your dish taste if you are using it as a tenderizer. It will just make your food soft and tender with velvety texture.
My inspiration to use green papaya paste as meat tenderizer come from my mother as she always use it while making bbq marinade, kebabs and stews. She normally stores it in the freezer and uses it in a cube form when needed and I do the same.
By using raw papaya paste, you can make:
- soft and tender kabab
- velvety meat
- Juicy and chewy steaks
- Baked, grilled and roasted meat
- Raw Papaya (Kaccha Pappita) - 2 Medium Size (Commonly available in South Asian countries).
- Salt - ½ teaspoon
- Cooking Oil - 1 tablespoon
How to Make Papaya Meat Tenderizer
Small size papaya are good to use as tenderizer. First, wash and clean all the grim and dirt on papaya then cut it into small pieces. Don't remove the upper green skin of papaya as it has more tendering properties as compared to pulp of papaya.
Remove the seeds and Remove inner part of papaya (inner skin). Cut into small pieces and give it a rinse to avoid any part of seeds over it. Keep it on strainer to release excess water and make it dry.
Now in a blender, add salt and cooking oil to ease the blending process. Add papaya pieces and give it a good blend. Pour the raw papaya mixture in the mold or in ziplock bag and place it in freezer.
How to Store the Papaya Paste For 6 Months
- Place the papaya paste in a mold and keep in freezer for an hour. After an hour take it out and remove the paste from the mould as it will be hard and form a cube shape then place all the cubes in a ziplock bag and place in freezer for 6 months.
- Directly place the papaya paste in ziplock bag and flat it with hands. Place the bag in a tray or cutting board and mark it with stick or knife to form a cube shape over the ziplock bag then place in freezer. After 01 hour, the bag will be hard then declutter all the cubes and freeze it in same bag. It will not stuck together.
How To Use The Frozen Papaya Paste
When you need it, take it out from freezer and let it come to room temperature. Then add in your dish to use.
Usage: 1 tablespoon = 1 Kg Meat
So let's move to Kitchen and start making this "Papaya Paste" step by step in an easy way. Watch the recipe video so it will be easy for beginners to follow the quick steps.
- Don't remove the skin (Green part).
- Papaya skin will help to accelerate the process of tenderize meat.
- Never use water if you are storing it in the long run.
- Store in cubes so it will be easy to use.
- Use blender to finely blend the papaya paste.
- Use according to your dish requirements. If used in high quantity then it will completely break the meat into particles.
- If you are making Seekh kabab then simply add 1 tablespoon in 1 KG meat.
Raw papaya, green papaya or unripe papaya is wrapped with potential health benefits. It helps to increase metabolism, improve digestion problems, and also worked to improve skin and burn stubborn fats from your body. Here you can check the benefits in detail.
I recommend my viewers to use natural meat tenderizer as it's best in all and doesn't harm your body and gives you quality food full of taste.
You can join our Facebook group of foodies to interact with other foodies!! At Hinz cooking, you can find more recipes related to breakfast, lunch, dinner, and teatime. Explore recipe collection to get your desired recip
How to Use Papaya Paste
Q & A
It depends upon the meat structure. If you are using ground meat then it will take 30 to 40 minutes to tenderize meat. If you are dealing with tough meat in curry then use a spoon of papaya paste or just add a fresh cube of papaya to tenderize meat in a few minutes. In the same way, you can add a spoon of papaya paste to your meat marinade to make it soft, tender, and juicy. If you leave your meat in marination for a long time then it will be more tender and break without effort.
Papaya tenderize meat because of natural proteolytic enzyme known as Papain. It helps to soften the tough tissues and muscles of meat into small particles.
Yes, you can! If you are cooking red meat (beef, lamb, mutton) then it can help to quickly tenderize the meat. You can also use it while cooking chicken if you want velvety texture of meat.
Here I wrote the complete post about 10 natural meat tenderizer that can use.
Yes, you can! Use according to instruction. Store bought tenderizer contain preservatives that the reason why I preferred to use homemade meat tenderizer.
Yes, kachri powder work as a natural meat tenderizer. It extracted from Rajasthani melon. It has tangy taste so become popular and used in several recipes of chutney, Indian sauces and pickles.
In 1 kg red meat = 1 tablespoon papaya paste (result: velvety and juicy meat if cooking on slow heat).
1 kg red meat = ½ tablespoon papaya paste (cooked on oven/bbq/grill)
1 kg chicken/turkey = ½ tablespoon papaya paste (result: juicy chicken cooked on slow heat)
1 kg chicken/turkey = 2 teaspoon papaya paste (cooked on oven/bbq/grill)
You Might Also Like
Papaya Meat Tenderizer (Raw Papaya Paste)
- 2 Raw Papaya Medium Size
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Cooking Oil
- Wash and cut papaya into pieces.
- Remove seeds
- Remove inner skin of papaya
- Cut into small pieces
- Wash again and keep it dry before blending
- In a blender, add salt and cooking oil to ease the blending process.
- Add papaya pieces and give it a good blend.
- Pour the raw papaya mixture in the mold.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Take out cube as per usage.
Never use water if you are storing it for the long run.
Usage: 1 tablespoon = 1 Kg Meat.
Freeze for 6 months.