Kadhi Pakora is one the most famous recipe of Pakistani cuisine. Deep-fried pakoras dipped in a yellowish besan and yogurt curry with special tadka masala make it so delicious and aromatic. Best to serve at dinner or lunch with steamed basmati rice.
Kadhi Pakora Recipe Pakistani - How to Make Kadhi: Making quick and easy traditional style Pakistani and Punjabi mouthwatering "kadhi" that will make your lunch or dinner time special. Step by step video direction to make this special kadhi recipe in your home kitchen. First, we will make a kadhi batter then make pakoras and add with sizzling tadka.
In Pakistani and Indian cuisine, kadhi has a special place in dinning and everybody loved it. I personally make it for weekend lunch and serve it with boiled rice. It has a special taste with pakora so all veg and nonveg foodies love to have it. Gram flour (besan), yogurt (Dahi), and other spices make a perfect combination with sour taste. Some people also serve kadhi with chapati and phulka.
What is Kadhi Pakora?
The yellow-colored creamy and sour flavored kadhi pakora is a combination of besan and yogurt that is cooked by adding spices on low heat for about an hour and as it gets thick then add fried pakoras in it along with sizzling tadka that makes it more tempting and delicious in taste.
Must Try this special Kadhi Recipe in your Dinner & Lunch
- Properly add the quantity of besan and yogurt to make kadhi.
- Make sure to use sour yogurt to get the best taste.
- Properly cook the besan and yogurt mixture on low heat to relinquish rawness.
- Never add pakora in hot boiling kadhi otherwise it will break.
- Always add tadka on hot kadhi.
Soft Pakora Tips
- Always use fine quality gram flour (besan) to make pakora.
- Make smooth besan paste. There should not be any lump.
- Rest the besan paste for 15 minutes (Minimum).
- Make a thick paste of besan as it will be thin as the veggies go in it.
- Always make sure to squeeze excess water of veggies.
- While frying maintains the temperature to get the best result.
- Initially place pakoras for frying on high temperature and then turn to medium to cook from inside.
- Don't add pakoras in extremely hot kadhi otherwise, it will break. Add pakoras in kadhi on medium temperature and turned off the heat after adding pakora.
- Don't run the spoon so hard in kadhi otherwise, the pakora will break.
- If you don't want the pakora to absorb excess oil then avoid baking soda in besan paste.
Kadhi Mixture Ingredients: Yogurt - 2 Cups | Salt - 2 Tsp | Red Chili Powder - 1 Tsp | Turmeric Powder - 1 Tsp | Gram Flour (Besan) - 1 Cup | 4 Glass of Water to Make Semi Thin Paste | Oil - 1 Tbsp | Cumin Seeds - ½ Tsp | Green Chili | Garlic Paste
Pakora Ingredients: Gram Flour - 2 Cups | Salt - 2 Tsp | Red Chili Powder - 1 Tsp | Coriander Seeds - 1 Tsp | Cumin Seeds - 1 Tsp | Green chilies (Chopped) | Fresh Coriander (Chopped) | Onion Slices - 1 Cup | Potato Slices - 1 Cup | Water - 150 ml
Oil For Frying
Tadka Ingredients: Oil / Ghee - 1 Tbsp | Cumin Seeds - 1 Tsp | Green Chilies
Whole Red Peppers - 8 | Red Chillies powder - 2 Pinches | Curry leaves 4
How to Make
Preparation of Kadhi Mixture In a bowl, add yogurt, salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, gram flour (besan), and add water. Mix well using a whisk to make a smooth and running solution. Now in a pan add oil and heat it up. add cumin seeds, green chilies, and garlic paste in heated oil. Saute for a few seconds. Now add kadhi solution in a pan and mix well using a whisk or spoon. Stir for few seconds until it starts to reach boiling point. Now cover the pan and cook on low/medium heat for 45 minutes.
Pakora Preparation: In a bowl, add gram flour (besan), salt, red chili powder, coriander seeds, chopped green chilies, chopped coriander. Mix well and add little water to make a smooth thick paste. Now add sliced onion and potatoes (optional) and mix in besan paste. Deep fry the pakoras and take it out on kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
Assembling & Tadka: After 45 minutes, check the kadhi and mix well using a spoon. Now turn off the heat and as it lowers down the temperature then add pakora in kadhi. Give it a gentle mix.
Now prepare kadhi tadka. In a frying pan, add oil, cumin seeds, green chilies, whole red peppers, curry leaves, and mix well until it gets aromatic. Now add a pinch of red chili powder. Pour the tadka in kadhi.
"Kadhi pakora" is ready!! Make a serving with boiled rice, tandoori naan, or roti.
Happy cooking and happy eating!!
Share this recipe with your family and friends. It would be great if you leave your feedback in the comment box. If you make this recipe at home then share a picture with the hashtag #hinzcooking
Try it!! And Join Us
It's a quick and easy recipe of 'Kadhi Pakora' that you can easily make at home and serve your family and friends. You can join our Facebook group of foodies to interact with other foodies!! At Hinz cooking, you can find more recipes related to breakfast, lunch, dinner, and teatime. Explore recipe collection to get your desired recipes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Many people ask; Is it Healthy?
Yes, it is! the best option for diabetic patients as it has a low GI (glycemic index). Yogurt water (chaas, lassi) improves immunity and good for cardiovascular health. If you are dealing with any illness then make sure to make it with less oil. It gives you a filling effect for long hours.
Can I eat kadhi pakora in pregnancy?
Yes, you can eat if you are having a normal pregnancy. If you are dealing with some problems then consult with your doctor. Kadhi is cooked with yogurt and besan so it's 100% recommended for pregnant women to eat. It's packed with healthy nutrients that help to improve digestion. Full of folate and vitamins including iron that helps the growth of baby also minimizes the chances of miscarriage.
How to Avoid Kadhi Curdling?
Make sure to properly blend yogurt in water and gram flour (besan) before cooking. Initially as it cooks then stir the spoon to make it running and smooth. Cook on low/medium heat to make it thick. In this way, your kadhi will not curdle and give you a creamy and smooth texture while eating.
Kadhi is Thick or Thin?
If your kadhi is getting sufficiently thick, then add little water to make it thinner. If it's thin then add more besan paste to make it thick.
So let's move to Hinz Kitchen and start making this quick, easy, and delicious 'Kadhi Pakora' step by step in an easy way. Watch the recipe video so it will be easy for beginners to follow the quick steps.
You Might Like This
Kadhi Pakora Recipe Pakistani - How to Make Kadhi (video)
- Kadhi Mix Ingredients:
- 2 cups Yogurt
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 cup Gram Flour Besan –
- 4 glasses Water To make kahdi paste
- 1 tbsp Oil –
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- Green Chili
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- Pakora Pakora Ingredients
- 2 cups Gram Flour
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Green chilies Chopped
- Fresh Coriander Chopped
- 1 cup Onion Slices
- 1 cup Potato Slices
- 150 ml Water
- Oil For Frying
- Kadhi Tadka Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp Oil / Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Green Chilies
- 8 Whole Red Peppers
- 2 pinches Red Chillies powder
- 4 Curry leaves
- To Make Kadhi:
- In a bowl, add yogurt, salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, gram flour (besan) and add water.
- Mix well using a whisk to make a smooth and running solution.
- Now in a pan add oil and heat it up.
- add cumin seeds, green chilies, and garlic paste in heated oil.
- Saute for a few seconds.
- Now add kadhi solution in a pan and mix well using a whisk or spoon.
- Stir for few seconds until it starts to reach boiling point.
- Now cover the pan and cook on low/medium heat for 45 minutes.
- To Make Pakora:
- In a bowl, add gram flour (besan), salt, red chili powder, coriander seeds, chopped green chilies, chopped coriander.
- Mix well and add little water to make a smooth thick paste.
- Now add sliced onion and potatoes (optional) and mix in besan paste.
- Deep fry the pakoras and take it out on kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
- Assembling & Tadka
- After 45 minutes, check the kadhi and mix well using spoon.
- Now turn off heat and as the it lower the temperature a bit then add pakoras in kadhir and gently mix.
- Now prepare kadhi tadka.
- In a frying pan, add oil, cumin seeds, green chilies, whole red peppers, curry leaves and mix well until it gets aromatic.
- Now add a pinch of red chili powder.
- Pour the tadka in kadhi.
- Yogurt and besan should be according to proportion to create the best taste of kadhi.
- Sour yogurt makes good taste but makes sure it should not be too old.
- Cook the kadhi on low heat for about 01 hours to get the best taste.
- Avoid adding pakora in hot kadhi otherwise, it will be deformed. Add on medium temperature and right after that give it a tadka.