Dhaba Style Aloo Palak Recipe Pakistani style is best for lunch. It's a famous sabzi recipe that you can make at home kitchen. Step by step video recipe is here to prepare this tasty and delicious aloo palak.
What is Aloo Palak?
Aloo means potatoes & palak is spinach in local Pakistani and Indian language. This aloo palak is a vegan dish cooked in a curry using local spices. One of the easy and healthy options to prepare with the main course.
Spinach is also an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C, and folate as well as being a good source of manganese, magnesium, iron, and vitamin B2. Vitamin K is important for maintaining bone health and it is difficult to find vegetables richer in vitamin K than spinach.
In the same way, Potatoes are a good source of vitamin B6, vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, fiber, and antioxidants.
So it's a perfect combination of 2 healthy vegetables cooked together to bring taste to your table. Famous sabzi recipe in Pakistan and India that people love to have.
One serving of Aloo Palak gives 203 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 52 calories, proteins account for 10 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 141 calories.
- Properly wash the spinach.
- Release water before making the dish.
- Cut into sliced ribbons to create a great look.
- Don't cook the palak for a long time otherwise, it will lose the perfect green color.
- Cooking spinach for a long time affects nutritional value.
- Carefully add salt in spinach as it's already salty in taste.
Make delicious Aloo Palak Sabzi in your Dinner & Lunch
So let's move to Hinz Kitchen and start making this quick and easy sabzi of 'Aloo Palak' step by step in an easy way. Watch the recipe video so it will be easy for beginners to follow the quick steps.
Making a quick and easy vegan (sabzi) recipe with potato and spinach in Indian Pakistani style for lunch and dinner. Full of flavor and aroma for foodies to try at home kitchen.
- Spinach (Palak) - 2 Bunches
- Potatoes (Aloo) - 2 Big (Cubes)
- Cooking Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin Seeds (Zeera) - ½ Tsp
- Garlic Paste - ½ Tsp
- Green Chilies - 3 to 4
- Tomatoes Cubes (Tamatar) - ½ Cup
- Salt - ½ Tsp
- Red Chilies (laal Mirch) - ½ Tsp
- Turmeric (Haldi) - ½ Tsp
- Water - 100 ml
How to Make
Properly wash the spinach and cut it into ribbons. Also cut potato cubes. Next, in a pan, add oil and heat it up. Add cumin seeds, garlic paste, green chilies, and tomatoes cubes. Peel the tomato skin before adding. Also, add salt, red chilies, and turmeric. Now saute on high heat until it forms a gravy. As the oil floats on a pan, add potatoes cubes and saute for a minute on high heat. Add spinach ribbon and mix well in curry and potatoes. Next, add 100 ml water and cook for 20 minutes on low medium heat.
Dish it out!
"Aloo Palak" is ready!! Make a serving with roti, naan, or boiled rice. Happy cooking and happy eating!!
Share this recipe with your family and friends. It would be great if you leave your feedback in the comment box. If you make this recipe at home then share a picture with the hashtag #hinzcooking
Try it!! And Join Us
It's a quick and easy recipe of 'Aloo Palak' that you can easily make at home and serve your family and friends. You can join our Facebook group of foodies to interact with other foodies!! At Hinz cooking, you can find more recipes related to breakfast, lunch, dinner, and teatime. Explore recipe collection to get your desired recipes.
Aloo Palak can be prepared in a variety of ways and people have different styles of making and serving but here in this recipe, you will find a unique taste that will serve as curry and dry in both styles. Spinach curry made with tomatoes blending with the desi spices creates a perfect taste.
Another option is to serve with garlic rice along with veg salad and raita.
My inspiration is to prepare this recipe in Dhaba style that serves with naan. Super quick to make using minimal spices and delicious in taste.
You Might Like This
Aloo Palak Recipe Pakistani
- Spinach Palak – 2 Bunches
- Potatoes Aloo – 2 Big (Cubes)
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Cumin Seeds Zeera – ½ Tsp
- Garlic Paste – ½ Tsp
- Green Chilies – 3 to 4
- Tomatoes Cubes Tamatar – ½ Cup
- Salt – ½ Tsp
- Red Chilies laal Mirch – ½ Tsp
- Turmeric Haldi – ½ Tsp
- Water – 100 ml
- Properly wash the spinach and cut the ribbons.
- Now cut potatoes into cubes.
- In a pan, add oil and heat it up.
- Add cumin seeds, garlic paste, green chilies and tomatoes cubes.
- Peel the tomato skin before adding.
- Also, add salt, red chilies, and turmeric.
- Now saute on high heat until it forms a gravy.
- As the oil floats on pan, add potatoes cubes and saute for a minute on high heat.
- Add spinach ribbon and mix well in curry and potatoes.
- Next, add 100 ml water and cook for 20 minutes on low medium heat.
- Dish it out!
- Use fresh spinach. If there is some black areas then just discard them.
- Gently wash with tap water to remove dirt and grime.
- Properly drain water and gently squeeze to release water.
- Cut into thin ribbons.
- Avoid cooking spinach for a long time otherwise, it will lose the nutrients.
- Properly wash the spinach.
- Spinach is already salty in taste so carefully add salt.