Here is the most desired Cajun Spaghetti recipe prepared with creamy Cajun spiced sauce, sautéed onion garlic, bell peppers, and parmesan cheese.
Quick and easy dinner idea for spice lover families hardly takes 30 minutes to get ready. Let’s delve into making it!
I love to make spicy pasta recipes! And always curious to get some good ideas. Last time, shared Spaghetti Arrabiata which is a hot and spicy Italian recipe, and here is another version that will lead the taste with a creamy texture.
Isn’t it amazing to make it to add a twist to your taste? If you haven’t tried this recipe yet, then roll up your sleeves and give it a try and I am sure you will love it by heart.
What is Cajun Spaghetti?
Cajun or Louisiana Acadians is the community of French in the U.S. state of Louisiana. And we all know, Spaghetti is the form of pasta. So, this recipe is unique to prepare with special Cajun seasoning which is hot and spicy in taste and makes a perfect combination with spaghetti sauce.
Don’t forget to serve this recipe with Copycat Five Guys Cajun Fries that I prepared with passion to give you the same taste. Another idea is to make the Cajun alfredo sauce and add in this recipe. I tried and it was super yum.
Why Does This Recipe Work?
Quick and Easy – extremely easy to make this spicy spaghetti pasta which is unique in taste. Anyone can make this recipe!
Ready in 30 minutes: If you have boiled pasta then it will not take more than 20 minutes to get ready.
So Comforting: It's spicy, creamy and cheesy! serving hot makes it so comforting.
Easy Dinner Idea: If you are tired and want something quick on your table then this recipe is the best.
Family Favorite: 100% recommended for families who loves to have spicy meals.
I know, many will be thinking how the kids will eat this pasta. Don’t worry, you can manage the spice level by decreasing the quantity of seasoning. Or simply substitute with Creole blend which seems red but not as spicy as Cajun seasoning.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Pasta (al dente): Spaghetti pasta is used to make this recipe but you can use any other pasta type available in your kitchen.
Olive Oil: Used extra virgin olive oil to make this recipe that can easily substitute with butter.
Cajun Seasoning: I used homemade Cajun seasoning but it’s easily available in nearby grocery stores.
It's a blend of spices prepared by combining paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper powder, white pepper, oregano, thyme, and koshar salt.
Garlic: Best to use freshly chopped garlic help to add the sautéed garlicky taste.
Veggies: Onion, bell pepper (green & yellow) used.
Tomato Paste: Used store-bought paste that will enhance the umami, savory, and acetic taste in pasta. Also helps as an agent to thicken the smooth sauce.
Salt & Peppers: To adjust the flavor!
Pasta water + Veg Broth: To thicken the consistency of sauce. Leftover pasta water, vegetable broth/stock or chicken broth can be used.
Heavy Cream: It will add a creamy texture of spaghetti sauce.
Parmesan Cheese: Used shredded Parmigiano Reggiano [Halal]
How To Make Cajun Spaghetti
Cook Spaghetti Al Dente:
Boil the water and add a tea spoon of oil with salt.
As the water starts bubbling, add 150 g spaghetti pasta and cook it for about 8 minutes.
Drain the water by reserving ½ cup pasta water.
Rinse it and keep on side.
Let's prepare the Spaghetti Sauce!
1) In a pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and let it heat for few seconds. Then add finely chopped garlic (1 Teaspoon) and medium sized onion. Sauté until it become translucent.
[Note]: At this stage, make sure to add any meat(chicken, salmon, or shrimp).
2) Add 1 medium size bell peppers (green and yellow), 2 teaspoon tomato pasta, salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning.
Give it a good mix.
[Note]: Deglaze the sauce with reserved pasta water or veg broth.
3) Add heavy cream on very low flame to avoid curdling and give it a good stir to mix all the ingredients to make a homogenous texture.
4) Add al dente spaghetti and toss it nicely.
5) Sprinkle parmesan and mix well.
Serve hot and enjoy!
Here is the quick video direction for beginners to make this recipe.
Tips & Variations
- This recipe is simple and easy to customize with your favorite pasta type so be flexible to substitute with preferred ones.
- You can add more veggies that you like. I like to add spinach, and broccoli to make it more healthy.
- In the same way, chicken, and shrimp or salmon are the best option to add.
- Avoid to add heavy cream on high heat as it may curdle.
- It's recommended to deglaze before making cream.
- After rinsing the spaghetti, make it shuffle with hand to avoid cluttering.
- Check the taste of cajun seasoning to verify the taste of salt before adding salt in this recipe.
How To Store & Reheat
Simply pack the leftover pasta in airtight glass container and store in refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Reheat the refrigerated pasta in microwave for 3 to 4 minutes. Make sure to splash little milk/cream or chicken broth to avoid drying. I love to reheat on stovetop skillet on steam (slow heat) as it makes a perfect taste like freshly made pasta.
Spaghetti comes in healthy meals as it is made from grains but it’s not nutritious. Switch with gluten-free or whole wheat spaghetti option to make it more healthy. Mostly the dry pasta/spaghetti is vegan.
You can easily find it at any grocery store or make at home by combining paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper powder, white pepper, oregano, thyme, and kosher salt.
Yes, you can if you are making the seasoning at home. Skip the cayenne pepper. Or substitute with spaghetti seasoning.
If you are looking forward to try this 'Cajun Spaghetti Recipe' or something else, then don’t forget to Rate the Recipe by clicking on stars and ask your query in comment section. I would love to reply to make your experience successful. It will be encouraging if you share your recipe shots with me to share on stories at Instagram.
Cajun Spaghetti Recipe
- 150 g Spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Garlic
- 1 Onion chopped (Medium Size )
- 1 Bell pepper green & yellow (Medium Size)
- 2 teaspoon Tomato Paste
- ⅓ teaspoon Salt
- ⅓ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Pasta water or Veg Broth/Chicken Broth
Cook Spaghetti Al Dente:
- Boil the water and add a tea spoon of oil with salt.
- As the water starts bubbling, add spaghetti pasta and cook it for about 8 minutes.
- Drain the water by reserving pasta water.
- Rinse it and keep on side.
Prepare Spaghetti Sauce
- In a pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and let it heat for few seconds. Then add finely chopped garlic (1 Teaspoon) and medium sized onion.
- Saute until it become translucent.
- Add 1 medium size bell peppers (green and yellow), 2 teaspoon tomato pasta, salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning.
- Give it a good mix.
- Add heavy cream on very low flame and give it a good stir to mix all the ingredients to make a homogenous texture.
- Add al dente spaghetti and toss it nicely.
- Sprinkle parmesan and mix well.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- You can easily customize this recipe with your favorite pasta type.
- To make it more healthy and nutritious, add more veggies. Spinach and broccoli can really make a big difference in taste.
- Chicken, shrimp, or salmon are also the best option to add.
- Avoid adding heavy cream on high heat as it may curdle.
- It's recommended to deglaze before making cream.
- After rinsing the spaghetti, make it shuffle with your hand to avoid cluttering.
- Check the taste of Cajun seasoning to verify the taste of salt before adding salt to this recipe.