Today making soft homemade garlic knots recipe. Easy to make and family favorite recipe idea for dinner and lunch. If you are looking how to make garlic knots in easy way then the step by step video recipe might help you to follow quick steps to make the best knots for your next meal.
Looking for related bread recipes to serve at dinner? Check out No Knead Dinner Bread rolls, Tawa Naan, 5 Mins Sweet Bread, Keema Naan and, Chapati roll. You will surely love these recipes to add value to your dinner table.
What are Garlic Knots?
If you are bread lover person then you must be in love with soft and fluffy Garlic knots with butter flavor. I like the classical style of garlic knots that are famous and many bakers makes it in classical way. Now I can see the variation in recipe and people are making in their own way that's adorable until or unless the taste is not compromised.
Making and shaping the knots is just fun. Even my 7 years old son is curious to make it and relating it to make a knot of laces. Anyway, that's his opinion as kid.
If you have pizza dough at home then you can quickly prepare it for next dinner or meal. Whenever I have leftover pizza dough, I prepare this.
Is it Tasty?
Well, It shows a golden buttery crust on top and soft and fluffy from inside like any other bread. Knots folded areas are little but crusty and chewy in taste. The garlicky taste with butter makes it aromatic and gives a perfect taste to each bite.
Why I love it?
Because, it's homemade, soft, and fluffy. The garlic butter brushing on the golden crust of knots makes it more scrumptious and tempting. I believe, once you make it then you will not look the best garlic knot near me, you will just bake it at home kitchen.
Recently my friend brought a huge pack of garlic knots from a New york, NY based bakery and it was truly amazing in taste. I was thinking about the aroma of those knots while making this in my kitchen.
7 Tips to Make the Best
- Don't make a tight knot otherwise the areas around the knot will be harder while baking.
- Loose knots are more soft and chewy as compare to tight knots.
- 30 to 01 hours of proofing can give you the best result.
- If you place a glass of hot boiling water during baking the knots then it will give you moist and extremely soft knots.
- You can use pizza dough to make these knots.
- Make sure the oven temperature lies between 200°C to 220°C.
- The timing of baking may vary depending upon the different brands of the oven so keep monitor the temperature while baking.
How to Make It?
Making garlic knots is so easy and simple. You can prepare in 2 ways. One with ready-made pizza dough another to make with homemade pizza dough. Here in this recipe, I shared step by step process to make from scratch. So let's have a glance at the ingredients. For the full recipe, check the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Ingredients for Dough
Active Dry Yeast - Used active dry yeast for this recipe with 10 minutes of the proofing time. If you are using instant yeast then yeast proofing is not required.
Sugar - Added as It works to accelerate the yeast processing.
Water - To make a soft dough. Added in batches.
All-Purpose Flour - used to make the dough
Salt - To make the dough salty.
Oil - Used for lubrication that will help in the puffing process.
Garlic Butter Topping:
Salted Butter - 1 Tbsp
Garlic - ½ Tsp
Cilantro - 1 Tsp
Oregano - ⅓ Tsp
Seseme - 2 Tsp (optional)
Making starts with the dough. In a bowl, add active dry yeast with sugar and mixed with water. Rest the yeast to proof for 10 minutes.
In a bowl, add all-purpose flour, salt, oil, and proofed yeast and mix well. Knead for 5 minutes. Cover and rest the dough for 2 hours in a warm place.
After 2 hours, punch the dough! knead for 5 minutes and make small balls and roll it on flat board like long cylinders and then make the shape of the knots. Prepare all knots and cover them and keep them to proof for 30 minutes. Then apply garlic butter topping and also apply sesame. Preheat the oven at 220°C or 428°F. Place the baking tray in preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. After 15 minutes, the garlic knots will be ready. Brush up with garlic butter and serve!
How to Freeze?
It's easy to freeze the knots for later use. Place all the garlic knots on a baking tray by placing the butter or wax paper and keep in the freezer for 01 or 02 hours. Once it gets frozen then take it out and quickly shift it to an airtight container and place it in the freezer for 2 months. I don't recommend freezing for a longer period as it's homemade and not contain any preservatives.
How to Use the Frozen Garlic Knots?
Take out the garlic knots from freezer and defrost in microwave for few seconds. Apply the butter topping and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
Homemade garlic knots are much better and economical than store-bought. It's soft, fluffy, and chewy that you can make with a handful of ingredients at home.Hinz Cooking
What to Serve with It?
Garlic knots can served with curry, stew or soups. You can pair up with garlic mushroom soup or some roasted vegetables. It taste good with oven baked chicken.
In a single serving, just serve with sauces. I recently tried with Nacho cheese sauce and it was awesome in taste. Otherwise, you can serve with coleslaw.
It's extremely easy to make a homemade garlic knots recipe using pizza dough. Here I captured all the recipe steps that might help you to prepare in your kitchen. It's soft, fluffy, chewy, and extremely tasty to have. If you are looking for how to make garlic knots from scratch then watch the recipe video tutorial.
Garlic Knots Recipe
- Garlic Knots Dough Preparation:
- Active Dry Yeast - 2 Tbsp
- Sugar - 1 Tbsp
- Water - 150 ml
- All Purpose Flour -2 Cups
- Salt - 1 Tsp
- Oil - ½ Cup
- Garlic Butter Topping:
- Salted Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Garlic - ½ Tsp
- Cilantro - 1 Tsp
- Oregano - ⅓ Tsp
- Seseme - 2 Tsp
- Proof the Cheese
- In a deep bowl, add active dry yeast, sugar and luke warm water.
- Mix well.
- Cover and rest the dough for 10 minutes to rise.
- Preparation of Dough
- Now in a same bowl, add all purpose flour, salt and oil.
- Mix well to make a soft dough.
- Cover and Rise the Dought
- Now cover the dough and keep it on warm place for 2 hours to rise the dough.
- After 4 hours, punch the dough to release air and knead for 5 minutes to make soft texture.
- Distribute the dough to make long rolls.
- Shape the Knots: Take the small portion of the dough and roll it on flat board to make it long.
- Now hold the to edges and make a knot as shown in video (01:52 - 01:58)
- Make all the knots and place it on greased baking tray.
- Now cover the garlic knots for 30 minutes to rise.
- Preheat the oven at 220°C or 428°F.
- Prepare the Topping: In a bowl, add butter, grated garlic, cilantro and oregano.
- Mix well.
- Apply the topping on proofed garlic knots.
- Sprinke sesame. (optional)
- Place the baking tray in preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, the garlic knots will be ready.
- Brush up with garlic butter and serve!
You can freeze the dough for 3 months if you want to store for later use.
You can use garlic powder on the place of grated garlic.
Don't make a tight knot otherwise the areas around the knot will be harder while baking.
Loose knots are more soft and chewy as compare to tight knots.
30 to 01 hours of proofing can give you the best result.
If you place a glass of hot boiling water during baking the knots then it will give you moist and extremely soft knots.
Share this recipe with your family and friends. It would be great if you leave your feedback in the comment box. If you make this recipe at home then share a picture with the hashtag #hinzcooking