The creamy "Mushroom Chicken Pasta" recipe is an all-time favorite and easy dinner recipe to serve as a side dish. It's a one pot pasta recipe idea for foodies to quickly make at home in one pan. Shallow fried chicken and mushroom in the creamy and cheesy sauce make a perfect combination with Penne Pasta.
Looking for easy dinner recipes to serve as side? Check out my, Mac And Cheese, Potato Gratins (without Cream), Macaroni Salad and the most popular the Cream of Mushroom Soup. You will surely love these recipes to add value to your dinner table.
What is Mushroom Chicken Pasta?
The Ultimate Taste of Pasta with Chicken and Mushroom in One Pot
You know why people love this pasta combination all around the world because the pasta, sauteed mushrooms, and fried chicken in a creamy cheesy sauce make a perfect finger-licking taste. Famous fast food chains, cafeterias, and restaurants are serving chicken mushroom pasta to their customers as it's popular and people are obsessed with the creamy taste.
I used penne pasta to make this recipe but you can also use other types of pasta that you have by using the same recipe and believe me your family will surely love the flavor and creamy texture of hot and sizzling pasta on dining.
Preparation of Shallow Fried Chicken
First shallow fried the boneless chicken. Season with salt, paprika, and garlic powder and cook well on high heat until the chicken starts to change color. Stir or toss the chicken so it gets evenly brown in color. Don't cook the chicken for too long. Take out as it becomes slightly golden brown in color.
Preparation of Sauteed Mushrooms
I took fresh brown mushrooms (cremini) from vegetable market. Cleaned, washed and sliced. Stir fry mushrooms with oil/butter on high heat. Season with salt and peppers and take it out to add in creamy pasta sauce.
Let's Make Creamy Pasta Sauce
Throughout the recipe, I used the same pan to prepare chicken and sauteed mushrooms and now making pasta sauce. First, drizzle oil/butter and heat it up. Next is to add chopped onion and grated garlic. Saute until the onion starts to change color. Next is to add all-purpose flour and stir well and cook for a minute to get rid of the rawness of the flour. Then add milk and fresh cream stir well to blend all the ingredients together. Season with salt and black peppers and blend well to medium heat to get the creamy texture.
Now time to add mushrooms, fried chicken and uncooked penne pasta in a creamy sauce and give it a good mix. Season with thyme or dried rosemary and fresly chopped parsley. Add Mozerella cheese and mix well.
Cover and cook for about 15 minutes on medium heat to cook pasta.
After 15 minutes, our creamy mushroom chicken pasta is ready to serve!
Enjoy with your family and friends.
Note: If you want to avoid extra creaminess then skip the cream or simply add full-fat milk.
It's a most common pasta recipe at my house as my kid is a true pasta lover and creamy pasta is one of his favorite. Many time we take it from restaurants but believe me homemade is the best as it packed with the secret ingredient of love.
Creamy mushroom chicken pasta recipes come in a variety and you can prepare it by adding different flavors. I like to make it on the stovetop but the baked pasta also has the best taste to serve on the table. Many people relate the creamy pasta sauce with alfredo or white sauce (bechamel sauce) which is more or less the same concept.
5 Tips to Make Creamy Pasta
- Cook the flour on low heat to get rid of rawness. As the flour becomes aromatic or starts changing color then add milk.
- Never add milk on high heat in the pan otherwise it may curdle.
- If you are calorie conscious then add evaporated milk otherwise use full fat. In the same way, you can add or skip cream as per your requirements.
- Continuous stir is important to make the smooth creamy sauce.
- Don't cook the pasta for too long otherwise, it will be mushy in taste.
How to Store Pasta for Later Use
You can store the pasta in refrigerator in airtight container for 2 days. Shelf life is 12 hours. If you want to freeze then consume within 5 to 6 days.
SEE ALSO: Garlic Mushrooms
Watch - How Did I Make It?
It's been easy to watch the video recipe of this easy homemade baked mac and cheese to prepare in your kitchen. Simple and quick directions might help if you are trying first time. I'd like to share that my entire kitchen was full of baking aroma and my family was starving to have it.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken Pasta (One Pot) - Penne Pasta Recipe
- Preparation of Chicken
- Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Chicken - 150 gms
- salt - ½ Tsp
- Paprika - ⅓ Tsp
- Garlic Powder - ½ Tsp
- Preparation of Mushroom
- Butter - 3 Tsp
- Mushroom Slices - 2 Cups
- Salt - ⅓ Tsp
- Paprika - ⅓ Tsp
- Preparation of Mushroom chicken Sauce
- Olive Oil - 3 Tsp
- Butter - 2 Tsp
- Grated Garlic - 1 Tsp
- Onion Chopped - ½ Cup
- All Purpose Flour - 1 Tbsp
- Milk - 1 Glass
- Salt - ½ Tsp
- Black Pepper Powder - ½ Tsp
- fresh Cream - 1 Cup
- Penne Pasta - 2 Cups Uncooked
- Thyme - 1 Tsp
- Fresh Parley - 1 Tsp
- Mozerella Cheese Shredded - ½ Cup
- In a pan, add oil and butter and heat it up.
- Add boneless chicken pieces and fry on high heat.
- Season chicken with salt, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Fry chicken until it starts to change color.
- Take out chicken on a platter and set it aside to use later.
- Again in the same pan, add oil/butter and add fresh brown mushroom slices.
- Saute on high heat for a minute. Don't cook too long.
- Season mushrooms with salt and black peppers.
- Take out on a plate and set aside to use later.
- Now in the same pan, add oil and butter and heat it up.
- Caramelize the chopped onion with grated garlic until it changes color.
- Now add all-purpose flour and cook for a minute to get rid of flour rawness.
- Then add milk and cream and a quick stir to avoid lumps in a sauce.
- Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Now add mushrooms and fried chicken.
- Add Penne pasta (uncooked).
- Mix well.
- Sprinkle dried thyme or rosemary.
- Add freshly chopped parsley.
- Mix well!
- Now add mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, check the pasta, and if it's cooked then take it out otherwise give it 5 to 10 minutes until fully cooked.
- Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley and serve.
- Don't cook the pasta for too long otherwise, it will be mushy.
- You can avoid cream in this recipe if you are using full-fat milk.
- Fresh mushrooms make better flavors than tin or canned mushrooms.
- If you have runny sauce in pasta then add more milk or make it saucier.
- Chicken breast pieces make a chewy taste in pasta.
- You can also bake the same pasta recipe. Just pour on a baking dish and sprinkle cheese at the top and make at 220 degrees for 10 minutes. (Cook the pasta on a stovetop).
Share this recipe with your family and friends. It would be great if you leave your feedback in the comment box. If you make this recipe at home then share a picture with the hashtag #hinzcooking