Chicken cheese sandwich recipe that will hardly take 5 minutes to prepare. My secret breakfast or teatime sandwich is always loved by my family. The crispy and grilled exterior with creamy cheese stuffing prepared without mayo is simple and quick. For me, it's easy to make and yummy to eat!
About This Recipe
Chicken cheese sandwich can be prepared in a variety of ways and you know I love eating sandwiches with cheese so tried different styles. Seriously, after my last encounter with my weight machine, I got afraid of additional calory intake. So I tried this simple low calorie recipe, that will give the flavor of chicken and cheese without mayo. Now it's become my best comfort food that keeps me satisfied and prepared on short notice.
If you are also tired of eating layers of cheese, mayonnaise and heavy chicken then try this simple recipe. After eating this, you will not feel heavy, and keep you filled for a long time. Best to serve with homemade oven fries and honey garlic sauce.
Earlier, I tried this recipe with mayo but realized to switch it with a healthy option then I replaced it with yogurt, and believe me the combination of cheddar and mozzarella with shredded chicken makes a perfect taste. Since then I am making these sandwiches to satisfy my cravings.
If you are seeking weight loss recipes for sandwiches then try this recipe with brown bread and it will give you the best taste ever.
Don't forget to watch step by step recipe video to follow the quick steps.
Best Bread For Sandwich
These chicken cheese sandwiches are prepared with sliced milk bread as it gives good marks after toasting. If you are diet conscious, try the same recipe with brown bread. Any classical french bread, baguette, bagels, and sourdough bread could be an alternative option. Huge stuffing with whole wheat bread will give the similar flavor as you get in American sandwiches. Try with texas toast and you will love it.
What Cheese Goes with Chicken Sandwich
In this recipe, cheddar or mozzarella are fine! If you want to make it low in calories then try cottage cheese. Cheddar sandwich slice could be a great addition if you want droplets of cheese from the sandwich. Pair up with swiss or pepper jack as it makes the best taste with chicken.
Best Chicken For Sandwich
To be very honest, I don't prepare chicken for sandwiches. I always use leftover chicken. Whenever I make baked chicken breast the next day, I prepare sandwiches with leftovers. In the same way, boiled chicken for soups could be an option to use in sandwiches. For this recipe, I used shredded chicken so it can be used easily with leftover chicken.
- Microwave the bread for a minute to make it soft and spongy. Then toast with stuffing.
- Use chicken breast to make shredded chicken.
- In veggies, you can add carrots, capsicum, cabbage, or onion.
- Use greek yogurt as it good source of protein.
- Shredded Mozerella is used in this recipe but you can also use cheddar cheese, swiss, or pepper jack as per your taste.
- Toast with butter on low heat so it forms a crispy exterior.
At Hinz cooking, you will find the variation in chicken recipes so if you are looking for something other then explore the recipe collection. For your convenience, recipes are with videos to help you to understand the quick procedure.
If you like this video, please subscribe to our Youtube Channel (P.S. Click the BELL icon to get notified about the new video).
Bread Slices: White milk bread is best to make these sandwiches.
Yogurt: used as an alternative to mayonnaise to give a creamy texture to sandwiches.
Veggies: Tiny pieces of carrots make a big difference in taste.
Chicken - shredded chicken used to make stuffing.
Cheese - Cheddar or mozzarella cheese is good to add to stuffing.
Seasoning: sprinkle salt and black pepper to flavor the stuffing.
Butter - use unsalted butter to toast the bread slices.
How To Make
Preparation of Chicken Cheese Stuffing: To make chicken cheese sandwiches, add beaten yogurt to a bowl along with chopped carrots, shredded chicken, and mozzarella cheese. Season with salt and black pepper. Mix all the ingredients and spread on bread slices. Cover the slice with another bread slice.
Toasting: In a griller, brush butter. Place sandwich on low heat. As the marks come up from one side then flip it over and give a mark from another side.
Serving: Shift the sandwiches on board, give them a diagonal cut and serve with potato wedges, cheese sauce, or simple ketchup!!
More Sandwich Recipes
Omelette Sandwich | Club Sandwich | Fried Sandwich | Egg Mayo Sandwich
You Might Like This
Chicken Cheese Sandwich
- 1 tablespoon Yogurt
- ⅓ cup Carrots
- ⅓ cup Chicken (Shredded)
- ⅓ cup Mozerella Cheese
- Salt To Taste
- ⅓ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 6 Bread Slices
- Butter For Toasting
- In a bowl, add beaten yogurt,
- Add chopped carrots, chicken and cheese.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Spread Chicken Cheese paste on bread slices.
- Cover with another slice to make a sandwich.
- Now toast the bread.
- In a pan, brush butter.
- Place sandwich on low heat.
- As the marks come up from one side then flip it over and give a mark from another side.
- Now shift on board, give it a diagonal cut and serve!!
- Used white milk bread to make sandwiches. Alternatively, brown wheat bread can be used.
- Add more veggies to make it more healthy. Capsicum, sweet corns, onions, and potatoes can be used.
- Pair up with mozzarella, cheddar, swiss, or with any other cheese that you like.
- Toast the bread on low heat to make it crispy from outside.
- Cut the sandwich with a sharp nice.
- Don't cover the sandwiches otherwise it will get soggy.
Chicken cheese sandwich recipe without mayo. Simple, easy and quick! prepare within 5 minutes.