Hyderabadi Mutton Masala Recipe - Today sharing step by step recipe of restaurant-style mutton masala in Hyderabadi style. You can easily make this recipe in your kitchen as it's simple, easy, and quick to prepare for lunch or dinner.
What is Hyderabadi Mutton Masala?
Hyderabad is one of the well-known places in India due to its special food and cuisine style. Here I am making authentic Hyderabadi style mutton masala that is full of gravy that people like. Basically, it's a curry recipe prepared with mutton, Indian spices, and yogurt. People normally make mutton masala in different styles according to their regional taste but this Hyderabadi mutton masala is awesome in taste. You can try it and you will surely love the taste.
Hyderabadi food and cuisine is basically a combination of Turkish, Arabic, and Mughlai recipes. There are a variety of meat dishes and all have significantly different flavors and presentation styles.
My mother likes this recipe a lot and she used to make this style of mutton masala and serve it with homemade chapati or naan. So let's move to Hinz Cooking kitchen and make this recipe.
People from Hyderabad also like Hyderabadi biryani, Baghare Baingan, Mirchi ka Salan, and mutton Dalcha.
SEE ALSO: Kofta Curry Recipe | Mutton Tawa Fry Recipe
Mutton - ½ KG | Onion - 1 Medium size | Oil - 2 tablespoon | Salt - 1.5 teaspoon | Yogurt - 1 Cup | Fennel Seeds - 1 teaspoon | Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon | Coriander - 1 teaspoon | Whole Red chili - 5 | Garlic - 5 | Onion - 1 small | Ginger - 3x3 inches | Garam Masala Powder - 1 teaspoon | Green Chilies - 3
How to Make
Homemade Brown Onion: Cut onion into small slices and deep-frying it to get a crispy brown onion.
Marinate Mutton: In a bowl, add mutton. Now crushed the brown onion and add in mutton. Also, add yogurt and mix well. Marinate for 45 minutes.
Prepare Hyderabadi Masala: In a pan, roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, and whole red chili on low heat. Roast until it becomes aromatic. Place the masala in a grinder and also add ginger garlic and a small onion. Grind and make a fine paste.
Cooking: Heat up the oil. Add the blended masala paste to the pan and saute on high heat. As the oil comes on the surface, add marinated mutton to a pan and cook on high heat for a few minutes. Add Garam Masala powder. Also, add salt and 150 ml water to make a gravy. Cover for another 45 minutes on low-medium heat. After 45 minutes check the mutton if there is some more water then cook on high heat to make a thick gravy.
Now the Hyderabadi mutton masala is ready to serve.
You can serve with Tandoori Naan to make it more delicious and tasty.
You can also check other Mutton recipes at Hinz cooking collection. We prepare a variety of foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner so if you have any suggestions to prepare food based on your interest you can also share with us in a comment section or join us on Facebook to be an interactive part of Hinz cooking food community.
You Might Like This
Hyderabadi Mutton Masala Recipe
- Mutton – ½ KG
- Onion – 1 Medium size
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Salt – 1.5 Tsp
- Yoghurt – 1 Cup
- Fennel Seeds – 1 Tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 Tsp
- Coriander – 1 Tsp
- Whole Red chilli -5
- Garlic – 5
- Onion – 1 small
- Ginger – 3×3 inches
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 Tsp
- Green Chilies – 3
- Cut onion in small slices and brown it.
- Marinate Mutton: In a bowl, add mutton.
- Now crushed the brown onion and add in mutton.
- Also, add yoghurt and mix well.
- Marinate for 45 minutes.
- Make Hyderabadi Mutton Masala: In a pan, toast on low heat cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fennel seeds and whole red chilli.
- As it gets, aromatic add ginger, garlic and a small onion.
- Make a paste of all ingredients.
- Heat up the oil.
- Add blended masala paste in the pan and saute on high heat.
- As the oil comes on the surface, add marinated mutton in a pan and cook on high heat for a few minutes.
- Add Garam Masala powder
- Also, add salt and 150 ml water to make a gravy.
- Cover for another 45 minutes on low-medium heat.
- After 45 minutes check the mutton if there is some more water then cook on high heat to make a thick gravy.
- Now the Hyderabadi mutton masala is ready to serve.
- Use homemade garam masala to make this recipe.
- Don't roast the masala for long otherwise, it will change the taste.
- Use thick yogurt as it will create a creamy texture of gravy in this recipe.
- Serve with naan or tandoori roti.
Hyderabadi style mutton masala has special taste and aroma. So if you like hyderabadi cuisine and in love with gravy and curry then must try this mutton masala and I belive you will love it with tandoori naan.