Easy homemade oreo ice cream recipe with 3 ingredients. It’s eggless and prepared without an ice cream machine. Summers are ahead so anybody can try the delicious oreo cookies and cream recipe to make yummy ice cream at home.
About This Recipe
Oreo is a famous and traditional chocolate flavor cookie brand. It’s popular due to its flavor and unique blend of chocolate and vanilla milk cream that magically melts in mouth. Now people are using this cookie to prepare different recipes and oreo ice cream is the easiest and one of the best oreo recipe that people love. It’s simple and easy! To make this ice cream, you don’t need an ice cream machine. A simple whipping tool or electric mixer can work for you to make the ice cream texture. Oreo ice cream is also famous as ‘cookies and cream’.
Is it Vegan or Dairy Free?
You know, why I love this recipe because Oreo cookies are prepared with vegan-friendly ingredients. It’s dairy-free! So it’s good if you are not dairy compatible.
In summers, I love to make different ice cream to serve after dinner. Previously, I store Oreo blizzards in my freezer but now I am making it at home and my son is literally crazy about it and every time he wants to take a scoop and add some crumbled Oreos at the top to match the blizzard taste.
Idea To Use
If you are in love with oreo recipes like me then this recipe is for you and if you haven't tried oreo ice cream then I recommend you to just take a bite and you will make it again and again. Especially the kids will love it. You can also make this ice cream with leftover oreo biscuits as most of the kids eat cream and leave the biscuit on the side so this is the best use. I personally like oreo biscuits and tried so many recipes with that.
You can also use this Oreo ice cream in making oreo shake or oreo ice cream cake. It will almost take your 10 minutes to get ready as there is no stove only assembling the ingredients in a proper way.
- Crumble the oreos with hand hammer. Avoid to use grinder as it will convert in form of powder that we don’t need to make this ice cream texture.
- Place the bowl in freezer to get chilled and then whip the cream in chilled bowl. Whip at medium speed as it forms a froth then check the creamy peaks.
- Don’t overwhip the cream as it will turn to buttery texture.
- Sweetened condensed milk will add creaminess in ice cream and it will also work to soften the ice cream texture.
- Vanilla essence will add sweet and floral aroma in ice cream.
- Place the ice cream spoon in hot water to take out perfect scoop.
Oreo Cookies: Take a package of Oreo cookies and crumbled it using a hand hammer.
Whipping Cream: Need heavy whipping cream and whisk it using an electric mixer. When you whip with an electric mixer the cream will stiffen like a grainy texture. Don’t whip more otherwise it will turn to butter.
Condensed Milk: It will add creaminess with a sweet flavor.
Sugar and Vanilla Essence (optional): You can check the sugar level if you want more then balance it with more sugar and vanilla extract will add a flowery aroma to ice cream.
How To Make
Whip The Cream
In a chilled bowl, pour heavy cream and sugar, whisk with an electric mixer at medium to high speed until it forms stiff peaks. Add a few drops of vanilla essence along with condensed milk to add soft, fluffy, and creamy texture to ice cream. Give it a good blend using an electric mixer.
Here you can see how to whip the heavy cream
Mix Oreos in Whipped Cream
Now take out oreo cookies from package, I used almost 15 oreo biscuits and crumble them using hand hammer. Add the crumbled Oreos to whipped ice cream mixture and gently fold it with soft hand.
Freeze The Ice Cream Mixture
Pour the ice cream mixture into ice cream mold or an airtight container and wrap with plastic film. This step will stop crystallization. Refrigerate for 7 to 8 hours. After 8 hours, check it out and take out the scoop to serve.
How To Store in Freezer
Store ice cream in an airtight container so it doesn’t form crystals. Make sure to keep the container in the main area of the freezer where cooling directly comes up. Don’t place it in the freezer door and avoid to place over any object or any other container as it will disturb the cooling process. Make sure the ice cream is fully packed and covered.
Don’t open the freezer door again and again when the ice cream is in process of freezing. Also, avoid checking it by opening the cover of the container. It will take 12 hours to completely freeze the ice cream.
You can store the ice cream in the freezer for 15 days. Don’t store the homemade ice cream for a long time as it doesn’t contain any type of food preservatives.
If you feel the ice cream is getting melted then take it out and whisk it again using an electric mixer and store it in an airtight container.
You Might Like This
Oreo Ice Cream Recipe
- Electric Mixer
- Ice Cream Container
- Ice Cream Spoon
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp Condensed Milk – 2 Tbsp
- 15 Oreo Biscuits
- Sugar To Taste
- ⅓ Tsp Vanilla Essence
- In a bowl, add whipping cream and sugar.
- Blend on high speed.
- As the cream starts to get stiff and show the thick texture then
- Pour a few drops of vanilla essence.
- Add condensed milk.
- Whisk it again on high speed for a few minutes.
- Now take out Oreo Biscuits from the packet.
- Crumble the biscuits using hand hammer.
- Add the crumbled oreo cookies in whipped ice cream mixture.
- Give it a soft mix. (Don’t mix hard otherwise biscuits will dissolve in cream).
- Pour the ice cream mixture in ice cream mould or an airtight container.
- Now wrap with plastic film. This step will stop crystallization.
- Refrigerate for 7 to 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, check it out and take out the scoop to serve.
- Don't use the machine to crumble the oreo biscuits.
- To get the best result whip the cream in chilled bowl.
- Avoid overwhipping of cream as it will convert to butter.
- Vanilla essence is optional or upto choice. It will add a flowery and sweet aroma in ice cream.
- Dip the ice cream scoop in hot water to take out scoop of ice cream.