Quick and easy Egg in a hole recipe for breakfast that you can prepare within 2 minutes. 1 Bread slice and an egg are needed to prepare this egg toast recipe. Watch Video to quickly make. Family favorite Egg recipe for holiday breakfast!
Looking for easy breakfast recipes? Checkout Crustless Spinach Quiche, Souffle Omelette, and Scrambled Eggs with Mushrooms. All these recipes are simple and easy to make and hopefully will add value to your breakfast table.
What is Egg In a Hole?
The recipe originates in the United States which is the special and most trending egg recipe that can be prepared by making a hole in bread slice from the middle. Then crack an egg inside the hole and cook it. Season with salt and pepper. You can make egg in a hole sandwich, burger, or simply cut it half and serve hot.
Famous With Other Names
Egg in a hole is also famous with other names like Toad in a Hole, Egg in the Pond, Egg with Hat (If keep the slice over), Hole in one, Pirate's eye, or Popeye, Egg in a Nest or some TikTok videos are famous with Egg in a Trash Can. These eggs are also popular with Gashouse eggs.
I love to call it 'egg in a frame' and 'egg in a hole' as it is more suited to the recipe.
Hole Ideas With Different Shapes
You can make the hole cutting in different ways like cut it circular or square or rectangle. You can also make heart shape to share with your loved ones.
- Cut the bread using knife or cookie cutter to make a hole or frame.
- If you like toasted bread with running egg yolk then toast the bread first from both sides.
- You can also make pefectly cooked eggs then cook from one side and then flip to cook from other sides.
- If you like fully toasted bread with poched eggs then toast the bread slices from both sides first and cook the egg on low heat covering with a lid. The egg will cook with pan steam.
- You can also add cheese, onions, avocade, spinach, or salami to change the taste.
- Another idea is to bake the eggs.
- Avocado egg in a hole keto recipe is another idea to make.
- Egg in a hole burger and sandwich is also the idea to prepare for breakfast.
You just need 2 main ingredients to make this recipe and a pinch of salt and pepper seasoning. Bread Slice (White or Brown) and an Egg. Butter is to cook the bread and egg. So simple and easy breakfast recipe.
How to Make
To make this recipe, take a slice of bread and make a hole (square, circular, or heart) from the middle using a knife or cutter. Then in a frying pan, add butter and toast the bread slice from both sides. Now crack an egg in the middle of the hole. Cook it on low heat. Cover the pan if you want the egg needs to be poached in look with a runny yolk. Season with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy your quick breakfast!
Well, it's fast food recipe but more options can be added to make it a more tempting and nutritious breakfast platter. You can add hash browns, roasted veggies, fruit salad, or avocado slices.
It's so simple and easy to make an egg in a hole and hardly takes 5 minutes to prepare the egg toast. Whenever I want to have something quick for breakfast, I make these egg toast as it's quick to make and easy to have.
How to make step by step - here you can see in this video.
Thanks for watching the video! If you enjoy it, please subscribe to our Youtube Channel and hit the bell icon to get a video alert.
Share this recipe with your family and friends. It would be great if you leave your feedback in the comment box. If you make this recipe at home then share a picture with the hashtag #hinzcooking
You Might Like This
Egg in a Hole Recipe
- Frying Pan
- 1 Bread Slice
- 1 Egg
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Pinch Black Pepper
- 1 Pinch Paprika (Optional)
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- Taka a bread slice and make a hole from middle using knife and take out the bread.
- In a frying pan, add butter and heat it up
- Toast the bread slice from both sides.
- Now in a middle pour an egg.
- Cook on low heat.
- Cover with lid to cook from upside with pan steam.
- Season wtih salt, black pepper and paprika.
- It's a choice to toast the bread slice before adding egg.
- If you want an egg with running yolk then cook on low heat from one side.
- To make a hard egg, cook from both sides.
- You have an option to place a cutting portion of bread to keep over the bread to make a sandwich. (Toast it before making a sandwich)
- You can also add cheese at the top of the egg.