Scrambled Eggs with Mushrooms is the perfect breakfast recipe that you can quickly prepare within 10 minutes. Caramelized onion with sauteed mushrooms makes a perfect combination with scrambled eggs. It's really a treat for me to have it with toasted bread slices.
Looking for easy breakfast recipes? Check out Scrambled Egg Whites, Crustless Spinach Quiche Recipe, Extremely fluffy Souffle Omelette, Egg and Mayo Sandwiches, and easy Egg Rolls. You will surely love these recipes to add value to your dinner table.
We all eat eggs in breakfast so variety in making eggs gives you new taste and motivation to sit at the breakfast table. My family loves to try fusion food and I always love to play with eggs and make different combinations and today made a fusion of scrambled eggs with mushrooms which is super easy to make and extremely tasty.
Breakfast needs to be healthy and nutritious. Eggs and mushrooms both are packed with multi-vitamins and protein that will help you to boost energy for the day.
Cooking Mushrooms and Eggs Together?
Yes, we can cook mushrooms and eggs and it's so good in taste and aroma. You can use any type of mushrooms that you have. I tried with brown and white button mushrooms and both are absolutely good in taste. To make mushrooms with eggs, you need to saute the mushrooms first before adding the eggs if you are making them on the stovetop. In this way, it will more tasty. Both the ingredients are nutritious so it will be a healthy breakfast platter to have.
Yes, milk is the ingredient that I never want to skip while making scrambled eggs. It helps to create a creamy and foamy structure of scrambling and in the end, gives a nicely scrambled eggs pattern that I love. I also tried this recipe skipping milk but the texture of scrambling that I got with the milk is incredibly amazing.
Other Vegetables to Add
Yes, you have many options to prepare this recipe, and to make it more healthy and nutritious, you can add more vegetables. Spinach is perfect to go with the combination of eggs and mushrooms and literally it creates a perfect taste.
You can also add carrots, green bell peppers, potatoes, and kale. In the same way, you can add roasted chicken, and salmon.
You can also make a topping of your favorite cheese. Feta goes well with the taste of scrambled eggs with mushrooms. If you try then surely share with us your experience of making it.
It's a simple and easy-to-cook recipe so don't need many ingredients to make it. Just pantry ingredients will help you make this beautiful breakfast platter.
I used olive oil to saute chopped onion and green bell peppers. Butter or any other cooking oil is also perfect to make this recipe. So use as per your convenience.
You can take any type of mushrooms to make this recipe. Brown cremini mushrooms are perfect to go with this recipe. White button mushrooms can be used. Canned and fresh mushrooms can be used to make this recipe. Fresh mushrooms are good in taste as compared to canned.
Eggs and milk are whisked together to make nice scrambled while cooking with mushrooms. Seasoned with salt and black pepper.
How to Make
Making scrambled eggs with mushrooms is simple and easy. It has a good taste and is perfect for a healthy breakfast. First, I heated olive oil in a pan and then saute chopped onion with nicely chopped green bell peppers for a minute. Then add sliced mushrooms to saute for a minute. In the meanwhile, added eggs and milk together in a bowl. Season with salt and give it a good whisk. Add the beaten eggs to the frying pan with onion and mushrooms. Make sure the heat is low otherwise the eggs will cook instantly. Now move the rubber spatula in one direction to make a nice scrambling of eggs. It will take 2 minutes on low heat to make perfect scrambled eggs. Sprinkle black peppers and enjoy with your favorite bread slices.
Here are some of my best practices to prepare the perfect scrambled eggs for breakfast:
- Always break the eggs in a separate bowl and whisk well by adding milk.
- Milk will help to create nice and creamy scrambled eggs.
- Never add milk or add directly to the pan.
- Don't use too much oil/butter for scrambling otherwise the eggs will be soggy.
- Scramble on low heat.
- Avoid adding eggs on high heat otherwise, the eggs will cook and the scrambling process will stop.
- Use rubber spatula for scrambling
- Don't cook the eggs for too long otherwise, the eggs will dry.
As it's a breakfast recipe so it's good to add toasted bread with it. I personally make a breakfast combo with butter toasted bread slices, scrambled eggs, and fresh fruits salads. Coffee or Cappuccino is a must to complete the serving.
I made a sweet bread toast that is perfect for sweet tooth. Must try this recipe!
You Might Like This
Scrambled Eggs with Mushrooms
- Frying Pan
- Eggs - 2
- Milk - 50 ml
- Olive Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Onion Chopped - 2 Tbsp
- Green Bell Peppers Chopped - 2 Tsp
- Mushrooms Sliced - ½ Cup
- Salt - ⅓ Tsp
- Black Peppers - ⅓ Tsp
- In a pan, add olive oil and heat it up.
- Add chopped onion and saute for a minute.
- Now add chopped green bell peppers and mushrooms.
- Mix well and saute for 01 minute.
- In a meanwhile, break 2 eggs in a bowl and add milk.
- Season with salt.
- Whisk well to blend milk and eggs together.
- Now add egg mixture in a pan on low heat.
- Slowly mix the eggs with onion and mushrooms.Continuous stir the egg with spatula. It will take 02 minutes (on low heat) to cook the eggs. Don't cook it long otherwise the egg will dry.
- Sprinkle black peppers.
- Now it's ready to serve!
- Don't cook the eggs on high heat.
- Use the spatula to continuously stir the eggs.
- Slowly and gently stir the eggs to make perfect scrambled eggs.
- Stir the eggs in one direction to create perfect and uniform scrambling.
- Avoid breaking eggs directly in the frying pan.
- Milk will help to create a smooth scrambling pattern.
- You can also add veggies to make it more nutritious.
- In the place of olive oil, you can use butter.