Aloo Tikki Recipe - Potato tikki - Aloo patties: Making quick and easy with step by step photo and video recipe for aloo lovers. Super tasty snacks idea with boiled mashed potatoes blended with local spices to make a fried patty (tikki). Best to serve with evening tea and also a great option to make a potato burger, sandwich for lunch box. You can simply serve this tikka with hari and imli ki chutney.
Every Pakistani and Indian house loves to have aloo tikki. I personally make it in bulk and store in a refrigerator for 15 to 20 days. When I need it, take out and defrost in the microwave and fried it to serve. My son likes with tomato sauce and sometimes I make aloo paratha using the same tikki so it's a multi-purpose recipe that you can use to create different dishes.
Aloo Tikki Recipe - Potato tikki - Aloo patties are easy to make in-home kitchen and here I am going to share step by step photo tutorial to make crispy and crunchy aloo tikki. Potato is fully packed with essential vitamins and minerals so it's the best idea to incorporate potato dishes in your diet. The best option for veg and nonveg lovers to have potato in this style.
You can also make french fries, potato smiles, fried sandwich with potatoes. Aloo tikki is also a famous street snack idea for Pakistani and Indian foodies.
SEE ALSO: Potato Smiley
5 Tips To Make Crispy 'Aloo Tikki'
- Don't over boil the potatoes otherwise the tikki will get soggy after frying as potato release water when it's over boiled.
- Make sure to properly mash the potatoes.
- To make the tikki crispy and crunchy add cornflour or gram flour as per your choice.
- If you want to make the tikki extra crispy then add rice flour along with cornflour.
- Shallow fry the tikki to make it more crispy in texture.
Must Try this Aloo ki Tikki with your evening tea
Aloo Ki Tikki Recipe Card
Aloo Ki Tikki - Potato Tikki - Aloo Patti
- Frying Pan
- Potato - 4
- Salt - 1 Tsp
- Red Chili Powder - 1 Tsp
- Chaat Masala - 1 Tsp
- Chopped Onion - 2 Tsp
- Green Chilies - 1 Tsp
- Fresh Mint Chopped - 1 Tsp
- Coriander Chopped - 2 Tsp
- Roasted Gram flour Besan - 1 Tbsp
- Oil for shallow frying
- In a pan, add potatoes and boil it until it gets soft.
- Peel the skin after boiling.
- Properly mash potatoes.
- Add salt, red chili powder, chaat masala, chopped onion, green chilies, fresh coriander and freshly chopped mint.
- Also add roasted gram flour (besan) and mix properly.
- Make patti (tikki).
- Shallow fry until get golden brown color from both sides.
Aloo Ke Kabab Recipe Video (Step by Step)
So let's move to Hinz Kitchen and start making this quick, easy, and delicious 'Aloo Ke Kabab' step by step in an easy way. Watch the recipe video so it will be easy for beginners to follow the quick steps.
How to make aloo tikki with step by step photo:
- Boil potatoes, peel the skin and mash properly.
- Add salt, red chili powder, chaat masala, chopped onion, fresh coriander, and fresh mint.
- Add roasted gram flour (besan) and mix well.
- Make patti (tikki)
- Shallow fry the tikki until get golden brown color from both sides.
"Aloo Tikki" is ready!! Make a serving with raita, green chutney, or ketchup.
Happy cooking and happy eating!!
Share this recipe with your family and friends. It would be great if you leave your feedback in the comment box. If you make this recipe at home then share a picture with the hashtag #hinzcooking
Try it!! And Join Us
It's a quick and easy recipe of 'Aloo Tikki' that you can easily make at home and serve your family and friends. You can join our Facebook group of foodies to interact with other foodies!! At Hinz cooking, you can find more recipes related to breakfast, lunch, dinner, and teatime. Explore recipe collection to get your desired recipes.
Related Potato Recipes: