Crusty potato fingers with mayo sauce make a perfect combination to serve as an evening snack or appetizer. It's a drooling snack prepared with mashed potatoes with the seasoning of spices and coated with crusty crumbs to deep fry. These golden-brown potato finger recipe will surely switch you from fries or wedges. Give it a try!
Potato Finger Recipe - In snacks recipes, "potato fingers" are the best party food that everyone loves to eat. People used to make it in different ways but the crispy and crunchy flavor of potatoes in this recipe tempts to eat in no time. In the south Asian region, the recipe is famous as "aloo fingers".
It's a golden brown deep-fried crispy and crunchy potato fingers prepared with mashed potatoes. Seasoned with salt, pepper, and herbs.
It's crispy from the outside and inside is rich with the creaminess of mashed potatoes. Quick and easy recipe for foodies to make at home kitchen.
Potatoes are good for health so it's recommended to incorporate them into the diet in a variety of ways. Potatoes contain a good amount of fiber, vitamin C, B6, and Potassium. Lower cholesterol and good for a healthy heart.
It's a perfect snack recipe that you can make as party food for birthdays, anniversaries, or special occasions.
If you didn't try this recipe then sure give it a try and I am sure it will be finished in no time. Serve with your favorite sauce or chutney. I have tried with green chutney and honey garlic sauce and believe me it is so yum.
At Hinz cooking, you will find different types of potato recipes so if you are looking for something other then explore the recipe index. For your convenience, recipes are with videos to help you to understand the quick procedure.
So let's move to Hinz Kitchen and make these tasty finger potatoes.
You can also share this recipe video with your friend and family!
Boiled Potatoes - 2 (Medium size): Use any starchy potatoes. Russet and Yukon gold are more recommended to use.
Season with: Salt To Taste, Black Pepper - ⅓ Tsp, Red Chilli Powder - ½ Tsp, Chaat Masala - ⅓ Tsp
Corn Flour - 1 tablespoon - Adding as a binding agent.
Coat with: Bread Crumbs - ½ Cup
Oil For Frying
How To Make
Step 1: Boil and fully mash potatoes
Step 2: Season with salt, black pepper, chaat masala, and red chili powder. Also, add breadcrumb and cornflour to add crispness after frying. Now mix all the ingredients.
Step 3: Take a small portion of potatoes in hand and make a finger shape using your hand. To get the best idea, watch the video!
Step 4: Coat all the potato fingers in bread crumbs.
Step 5: Deep fry on medium heat to get golden brown potato finger with crusty and crunchy flavor. Take out on kitchen paper.
Serve with ketchup, chutney, or mayo. I have tried with cheese sauce and I loved it.
Try Something Different...
At Hinz Cooking, you can also check more t time snack recipes. We prepare a variety of foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner so if you have any suggestions to prepare food based on your interest you can also share with us in a comment section or join us on Facebook to be an interactive part of Hinz cooking food community.
- Starchy potatoes can give you the best result to make extremely crispy and crunch texture of potaot fingers.
- Avoid to boil potatoes for long time as it will become mushy.
- Russet potatoes are good to prepare potato fingers but you can also use Yukon gold or king edward. These potatoes are rich in starch so give you the best frying experience.
- Make sure the potaotes are properly mashed.
- You can add variations in seasoning as per your choice.
- Cornflour will add crisp and also work as a binding agent. You can skip the cornflour with gram flour(besan).
- If you want to add extra crispiness then add rice flour in mashed potaotes.
- After the breadcrumbs coat, make sure to keep in the fingers in freezer for 10 minutes as it will help to get stick and the fried result will be perfect.
- Carefully monitor the temperature before frying. Medium heat is good to fry potato fingers. Place on absorbent napkin or papers and avoid to cover after frying as it will get soggy.
How to Store?
Before Frying: You can store the potato fingers before frying. Just make breadcrumbs coated potato fingers and set it on tray and place in freezer for 01 hours. As it gets hard then take it out and shift it to a plastic bag. Make sure to shuffle all the fingers so they will not clutter with each other.
Freezer Life = 01 month.
When you need to fry then take it out and microwave for 2 minutes or just keep at room temperature to get soft and then give it good frying. It will be ready within 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite sauce.
After Frying: If you want to store leftover after frying then keep it in the refrigerator for 3 days in an airtight container.
See also: Homemade Potato Chips
You Might Also Like
- 2 Boiled Potatoes
- Salt To Taste
- ⅓ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- ⅓ teaspoon Chaat Masala
- ½ cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Corn Flour
- Oil For Frying
- Bread Crumbs For Coating
- Mash potatoes properly.
- In mashed potatoes, add salt, black pepper, chaat masala, red chilli powder, breadcrumb, corn flour and mix well through hands.
- Now take a small portion of potatoes and roll in hand to make finger shape.
- Prepare all fingers.
- Coat in bread crumbs
- Deep fry on medium to a high temperature until golden brown.
- Take out on kitchen paper.
- Serve with ketchup, chutney or mayo.
- Use starchy potatoes to make fingers as it's good for deep frying.
- Russet and Yukon gold are more recommended.
- Mash potatoes right after boiling as they will be more smooth and creamy in texture.
- Season with your favorite spices and herbs as per your taste.
- Coat with breadcrumbs and keep it in the freezer for 10 minutes to avoid crumbs dropping in oil.
- If you like cheese then you can add mashed potatoes.
- Deep fry on medium-high heat to get golden brown color.