Homemade aloo kabab recipe Pakistani is easy to make and delicious. Few ingredients needed to prepare. Watch step by step recipe video in Urdu.
In kabab recipes, aloo kabab is the best in taste and all type favourite of foodies.
Aloo Kabab Recipe Pakistani
It's hardly to find someone in Pakistan and India who doesn't like aloo kabab. Vegeterian or non veg equally like this recipe due to it's unique taste. It's a multipurpose recipe that you can share as a side with main course or as appetizer.
People also love to share this recipe as snack with brunch or teatime. Ramadan is the seasonal time for this recipe as Iftar table seems incomplete without tasty and crispy aloo kabab with chutney.
8 Tips To Make the Best Kabab
Here are few quick tips that beginners can follow the best aloo kabab.
- Don't boil potatoes for long time. As it get tender then take it out.
- Rinse hot potatoes with tap water to peel the skin right after boiling.
- It will be easy and smooth to mash potatoes right after boiling.
- You can make variation in seasoning as per your taste.
- Homemade breadcrumbs bring best flavor and crispiness. If you don't have then use store bought as 2nd choice.
- Add cornflour as it will help to cook crispy kabab patti.
- If you want to add extra crunch in kabab then add rice flour. 2 teaspoon will be enough for 2 medium size potatoes.
- Avoid to deep fry. Shallow or pan fry will bring the best result.
Mashed Potatoes - 3 Big size,
Seasoning: Salt to Taste, Red Chili Powder - ½ Tsp, Garam Masala Powder - ½ Tsp, Cumin Powder - ½ Tsp, Coriander Seeds - ¼ Tsp, Chaat Masala - ½ Tsp.
Add sourness to kabab - Lemon Juice - 1 teaspoon
To Add Crispiness: Bread Crumbs - 2 tablespoon + Corn Flour - 1 tablespoon
Green ingredients - Chopped Onion + Green Chilies + Fresh Coriander - will make the kabab aromatic and tasty.
How to Make Step by Step?
First boil the non starchy potatoes and right after boiling peel skin and mash with potato masher. Season with salt, red chili powder, garam masala, cumin powder, coriander seeds, chaat masala, and lemon juice. Also add freshly ground breadcrumbs and cornflour. Add chopped onion, green chilies and fresh coriander.
Mix all the ingredients using hand and make kabab patti. Shallow fry until get golden brown color from both sides.
Serve it with green chutney or ketchup.
If you are true potato lovers then you will surely love this recipe. If you are looking at how to make potato kebabs restaurant style then find this recipe video and make tasty aloo ke kabab for your family and friends.
So let's move in Hinz Kitchen and prepare this recipe.
SEE ALSO: Khasta Aloo Kachori Recipe | Aloo Gosht | Aloo Matar Paneer | Aloo Tikki | Aloo Chana Chaat
Follow the step by step recipe video of easy "Aloo Ke Kabab" to make for your family.
Happy watching and Have a happy eating time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Does Aloo Kabab Break?
There are multiple reason for kabab breaking; like, if the potato boil for long time, frying on extremely high heat. Kabab patties are not made with tight hands. To avoid the breaking of kabab, make sure to use any binding agent like cornflour, besan, roasted all purpose flour, breadcrumbs or beaten eggs as per your choice. Shallow fry the kabab and it will not break up.
How to Make Crispy Aloo Kabab?
Breadcrumbs, cornflour, rice flour are the main ingredients that can help you to make crispiest kabab.
How To Smoothly Mash Potatoes?
My best practice is to mash right after boiling when it's hot. If the potatoes are cold then it will not smoothly mash until or unless you use professional masher or machine.
How To Store?
You can store the non fried aloo kabab in airtight container for 01 month. If you want to store the fried then keep it in refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
How to Freeze?
Many people complain as the aloo kabab stick together while freezing. The best technique is to freeze with cluttering to place kabab on tray and keep in freezer to get harder. As it get harder or freeze then take out and shift to airtight container. Now it will not stick together and you will succesfully take out for frying.
There are so many thing you can do with aloo kabab. Most of the Pakistani houses make Daal chawal so you can add with daal chawal platter.
In the same way, make wraps, rolls, sandwiches or burger.
Explore Related Potato Recipes
Aloo Kabab Recipe Pakistani
- 3 Mashed Potatoes Big Size
- Salt to Taste
- ½ teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- ½ teaspoon Cumin Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Coriander Seeds – ¼ Tsp
- ½ teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice – 1 Tsp
- 2 tablespoon Bread Crumbs – 2 Tbsp
- Chopped Onion
- Green Chilies
- Fresh Coriander
- 1 tablespoon Corn Flour
- Boil non-starchy potatoes. Peel the skin and mash it.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl and add spices.
- Add Salt, Red Chili Powder, Garam Masala Powder, Cumin Powder, Coriander Seeds, Chaat Masala, Lemon Juice, Bread Crumbs, Chopped Onion, Green Chilies, Fresh Coriander and Corn Flour.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Make a kabab of desire shape. I made circular kababs.
- In a pan, add 1.5 tablespoon of oil to fry the kabab.
- Initially place kabab on high heat and after a minute turn the heat to low so it perfectly fries with a crispy texture.
- Take out kabab on kitchen pepper to absorb excess oil.
- Serve it with green chutney or ketchup.
Good, it’s eggless! Is it that coating with flour makes it crispier? And the word is MASH and not mEsh. Thanks
Yes Jhuma, it's eggless! simple and quick to prepare at home. Thanks for pointing out Mash.. It's been fixed!