Ramadan the month of blessings is on the way and we are all excited to add tempting food in our iftar and suhoor. Today, I am sharing "Ramadan healthy tips" to eat nutritious food in your iftar and suhoor that will keep you energetic and active throughout the time.
Fasting is the best time and opportunity for us to detox our body in a healthy way so we have to keep a strong check on our food to make it happen in a proper way. Taking wrong food at "iftar" and "suhoor" will keep you down and make it difficult to enjoy the fasting period.
Many people complain that we are down after iftar and it's becoming difficult to go for Taraweeh and prayers which is recommended if you are following fasting protocols. In the same way, right after suhoor, people want to sleep and wrong eating habit make them dull and lazy.
Ramadan Health Tips To Take Healthy Food
So, today we are discussing the right way of eating in Ramadan that will keep you fit, energetic, happy and active during Ramadan time. Choosing the right food for Iftar and Suhoor time is the best way to keep healthy.
So let's have a look at healthy Ramadan tips...
- Avoid greasy food.
- Try to keep away from sugar enriched food items. Focus on food with natural sugar like "dates".
- Don't overeat.
- Salty food will make you down to keep away with extra salt.
- Don't start your iftar or suhoor with the heavy drinks. Distribute the water portion throughout your eating.
How to Make the Healthy Balanced Diet For Suhoor
Suhoor (pre-dawn) time to start your fast so try to make your food healthy that will keep you active throughout the day. Never skip the suhoor! and make it nutritious by adding vitamins and protein enriched food. Take sufficient amount of liquid to avoid dehydration.
Food items recommended for Suhoor:
- Eggs (treasure of protein) are more recommended and easy food that you can easily prepare according to your taste. Here are some eggs related dishes and recipes that you can try in your suhoor. Soft Scrambled Eggs | Bread Omelette | Cheese Omellete
- You can also try Porridge, cereals, oatmeals.
- Another option is to add carbohydrates like bread or Roti/Paratha if you like. You can try the bread with Anday aloo bhujia.
- Try to add milkshake and water rather having tea or coffee.
- Food with the low GI( Glycemic Index) always recommended.
- Avoid food with preservatives.
- Try to make fresh food.
- Avoid confectionery sweets.
If you follow the natural way of eating and avoid processed food that's the sign to keep you healthy and strong throughout your fasting.
There are so many examples that you can look around the people who are 60+ and more fit than young people. They are active even in summer fasting doesn't make them dull. They never complain and follow the complete protocol of Ramadan which needs to be more punctual, proactive and agile.
Healthy Ramadan Tips for Iftar
Iftar is the most festive time when everybody wants to eat and drink. So to make little changes in your iftar dishes can make them more healthy and nutritious that will keep you active and fit for the next step means Taraweeh prayers. Healthy food should comprise on minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, iron, sodium, potassium, magnesium, and zinc and 'Dates' are the best if you want to take these nutrients in one bite. You can make 'date shake' and other dates dishes as well.
Holy Prophet Muhammad SAW also said: “Break your fast by eating dates as it is purifying,” (Ahmad).
Next, is to take liquid to hydrate the body. Calcium enriched liquids are more recommended for Iftar but don't consume sufficient amount of liquid at the start of iftar. If you do then it will make you inactive and gives you heavy feeling right after iftar so try to make a portion of drink and have it in between eating time. Strictly avoid 'carbonated drinks'.
Add proteins in your diet like lentil soup, chickpeas, and baked chicken or meat. Keep away with creamy, oily and buttery food.
Here are the following food items that you can add to your diet:
- 2 Healthy Chaat Recipe for Iftar
- Chana Pulao Recipe
- Salad Style Chickpea Recipe
- Easy Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Guava Chaat Recipe
- Shami Kabab Recipe
Ramadan is the delightful time for everyone and best season to receive Allah's blessing and forgiveness. By following Ramadan healthy tips to eat proper food in iftar and suhoor will make you more active throughout the month. So eat healthy food to live happily. Acha "Khao" Acha "Pakao". It will be really encouraging if you let me know that my recipes help you out to make your dishes.