In namkeen recipes or t-time snacks, khasta aloo kachori recipe is awesome. It's a famous street food recipe of India and Pakistan, in fact, people use to have it in a different part of central Asia. Kachori has unique fried taste stuffed with the variety of option like potatoes, moong dal, keema, chicken, and vegetables. In every form, the taste of kachori gives your mouthwatering crave.
As I mentioned it's a most popular street food recipe so today I decided to make it in my kitchen to share the recipe with you. It's really simple and you can easily make it just by following the steps. It's a most requested recipe of special events like Ramadan, Iftar, Eid and other special events.
Beginners, learning cooking seems frightened to tried these type of stuff but believe it's a simple and easy recipe that you can prepare similar to 'halwai' style. Once you are able to make it at home, I swear you family members will love the taste and your effort to make it as homemade 'kachori'. Video Recipe is available in Urdu / Hind for Indian and Pakistani kachori lovers.
Today, we are making potato stuffing for this aloo kachori recipe and I will also share kachori with some other stuffing so stay tuned for that 🙂
I am really craved now and starving to have this so let's move into the kitchen to prepare it!
How to Make Khasta Aloo Kachori Recipe at Home
Preparation time: 60 mins
Recipe Language: Urdu/Hindi
Serving: 3-4 persons
Maida - 2 Cup
Zeera - 1 Tsp
Desi Ghee - 1 Tbsp
Corn Flour - 1 Tbsp
Water - To knead flour
Potatoes: 2 (Big size)
Salt - To Taste
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Red chili powder - 1 Tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 Tsp
Green chilies - 2 chopped
Fresh Coriander - Chopped
Oil for deep frying
Preparation of Kachori Dough
- Take 2 cups of All purpose flour (Maida) in a bowl.
- Add salt according to taste.
- Also, add Cumin seeds and oil.
- Mix all the ingredients through hand and slowly add water to make a soft dough.
- Cover the dough for 20 to 1 hour and keep it in a warm place to raise the dough.
Prepare Kachori Stuffing with Potatoes
You can make different stuffing for kachoris like with chicken, mutton mince, vegetables and potatoes. Here, I am making potato stuffing for kachori which is awesome in taste. So let's prepare it.
- Boil 2 big potatoes until it gets soft. Peel the potatoes skin and mesh it properly.
- Now add salt, cumin seeds, chat masala powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, green chilies, mint and green chilies in mashed potatoes.
- Mix it well and keep it aside.
Make a Kachori Binding Paste
To make a kachori binding paste,
- take a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of maida
- Also, add salt and desi ghee 2 teaspoon and make a thick paste.
Kachori Making Process
- Now uncover the dough and punch it and knead properly.
- Take a small portion of dough and roll it through hand to make a ball.
- Now turn the ball into a flat shape and dust it with maida and roll it on rolling board 'chakla' through rolling pin (belan).
- Make a small roti.
- Brush the 'binding paste of maida'.
- Now roll the roti as you watch in video and make a spiral.
- Again, make the spiral flat through hand and make a roti (This step is to bring layer on kachori).
- Now place a small portion of potato stuffing in the middle and wrap the kachori just doing the twisting.
- For the complete understanding of this step, it's recommended to watch kachori recipe video.
- Now kachori is ready to deep fry.
Start Frying Khasta Kachori
- Now add oil in a walk or pan for kachori frying.
- Initially keep the flame high.
- Place kachori in oil and keep the flame on medium.
- Give it around 5-10 minutes to fry the kachori on medium flame.
- As it get golden brown take it out on kitchen pepper to absorb excessive oil.
So finally our 'Potato kachori recipe' is ready and believe me it's 'khasta' and absolutely crispy. Try it in your kitchen and share your experience with me as it encourages me to make more recipes to my lovely audience. If you watch the recipe video then it would be easy for you to follow the steps in the quick way.
Also, don’t forget to subscribe to my recipe list. (Never Miss a Recipe!)
Leave a Reply